I'm not quite sure if I can post a feature request here, but since this forum is about the new version of Poweramp, I hope you don't mind.

I know that it's possible to use the convolver in V4A, but only if you have a rooted phone. I'd like to have a solution for the plain, boring, non-rooted Android. Also, I like Poweramp too much to even look around and see if a different player can do it.

I don't know a lot about the technical details of convolution, but as far as I know, it shouldn't be difficult to find a way to add it as a feature. We just need a switch to enable it, and a button to choose the .irs file we want to use.

I've found two old topics on the forum about this:

• 2 weeks later...

After finally researching the convolver feature in viper4android and messing around with it, the convolver has become essential for most of my audio set-ups. Yeah it makes a big difference. It'd be a great feature to add for people who aren't rooted and can't use viper

I would also love to see convolver support in Poweramp, since this opens up the use of corrective eq for individual headphones to get a reference frequency response (Viper DDC/IRS), which I think doesn't need to happen on a system level, but only when listening to music.

Another suggestion would be to open up a option to reorder different DSPs, for example on devices with sufficient cpu power, having sox resampler resample to 96k before engaging in a convolver, eq and such would be beneficial to quality, 

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...
12 minutes ago, Audiohead9149 said:

If you add a convolver, I will purchase the paid app without hesitation. Till that point of time, I'm sticking with wavelet because I don't really know what the benefit is of this app unless I'm overlooking something.

So you would like to suggest to have a music app, that is designed to maximize the audio playback quality, add a feature to intentionally break that intended design? I can think of several reasons to choose Poweramp over some most other players, but I can’t think this proposed “feature” would be one of them.

12 hours ago, MotleyG said:

So you would like to suggest to have a music app, that is designed to maximize the audio playback quality, add a feature to intentionally break that intended design? I can think of several reasons to choose Poweramp over some most other players, but I can’t think this proposed “feature” would be one of them.

To me, it's the main feature I've been searching for in an eq program as I mainly use this setting on foobar2000 and I'm not able to find any applications aside from viper4android which requires rooting that offer this. I can't speak for others and I do not know how difficult this feature is to add or what the complications might be with the android system itself. I'm a big fan of convolvers that allow me to use personalized .wav profiles.

• 1 month later...

For my 2 main listening devices (car stereo and Jabra Bluetooth earbuds) the best setting I can get with any music player I've tried including Poweramp, is by using a specific convolver that I have found.

I have tried for quite a few hours to get the EQ in Poweramp adjusted to sound the same or better than the setup that I use with the convolver and I just can't get it. I wish I knew of a way to inspect the convolver and see if I could translate it into EQ settings but I'm pretty ignorant on the technological differences between EQs and convolvers so not sure if it's even possible.

As awesome as Viper is for being a system wide EQ and stuff, rooting phones is getting more and more difficult to find with the specifics of what I want in a phone and also the fact that it is closed source and not in active development anymore.