Improved "Silence Between Tracks" Feature

I'd like to suggest the idea of being able to add a specific amount of silence before and/or after the tracks. Similarly as shown on the attached screenshot of one of foobar2000's components.

Additionally, it would even be better if we could set criterias for this feature - Let's say, I want 2 seconds before and after every track IF any form of shuffle is on. - Or I do not want any added silence if I'm playing through an album.

Thanks in advance.

Capture.PNG

@maxmp Might be a very niche preference of mine but I do like to have a few seconds when a new song comes in, in case I want to skip, stop, quickly change EQ profiles or interact with the file in any way before it starts playing.

I guess "Silence Between Tracks" could very easily act as "Silence Before Tracks" instead.

Personally, I'd be keen on the opposite effect - i.e. removal of long digital silences, especially at the end of tracks. I had one song recently during a Shuffle session which seemed to have about a 10 second silent lead-out. Remove Silence used to be an option in PA v2, but somehow it went missing during the update to v3.

Andre

@andrewilley I'd be fine with that as a solution to be honest. That'd be an improvement as well, in my opinion. I'm very new to coding so I'm not sure whether any of these are hard to do.

I mainly listen to metal music, so I never ran into problems such as too much silence. In fact when it comes to a lot of these recordings there are just milliseconds before the music starts blasting.

@maxmp First of all I want to say thank you, for your time and attention, I did not expect such immediate support when I was writing this post.

The reason I wanted to comment again is because I figured that the my main issue with the way Silence Between Tracks is implemented is that I can not see the upcoming track.

So another (potentially simple) solution I thought about is that when a song finishes, and playback pauses due to SBT, the player could swap to the next track right away instead of keeping the finished track on screen.

@Athez So rather than the current track continuing to play out in silence for 10 seconds after the end of its official duration, you would prefer the next track to commence early in silence (counter starting at -10 seconds).

I agree that would probably make more sense, in the same way that pre-gaps work with CDs.

Andre