Weird bug when using Shuffle.

Hello, I am experiencing a weird bug when I shuffle my available songs.

Let's say that I am on song 10. When I pause the song and close the app and open it back up, the song I closed it on will still be the one that plays when the app opens but songs 9, 11, 12 (didn't check too far) will be all scrambled up. In addition, I found if I went to song 10, paused it, reversed to song 9, close the app and reopened it, song 9 will take the place of song 10 and the few songs before and after it will also be shuffled around.

I do not know what is causing this but I feel this should be reported.

I am using build 2.0.9 revision 564. My phone is a Nexus 5 running KitKat 4.2.2 and I use Xposed Framework.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey man,

I may not be a Dev, but I can tell you why this happens. It's just because Poweramp reshuffles every time the Poweramp music process restarts. Examples are when you close the app (remove it from recent) and open it back up and toggling Direct Volume Control. It's not really a problem, more so an annoyance that could be changed.

:),

Superluig164

The whole shuffle design needs modifying,  Shuffle always plays the same songs.  I have over 2,000 songs and I hear the same songs all the time. Seems to me the algorithm should use play count and lasted played to weight if a song gets played again. If the song has been played more recently then the next song in the shuffle then skip it. 

I have over 2,000 songs and I hear the same songs all the time. Seems to me the algorithm should use play count and lasted played to weight if a song gets played again.

But then it wouldn't be random any more.

Truly random means that if you re-randomise the list you might just hear the same song again, and again even. OK the chances are against it, but if you mess with that then it is no longer truly random. Like flipping a coin - it could come down heads ten times in a row, each flip is a brand new 50% chance.

Andre

The whole shuffle design needs modifying,  Shuffle always plays the same songs.  I have over 2,000 songs and I hear the same songs all the time. Seems to me the algorithm should use play count and lasted played to weight if a song gets played again. If the song has been played more recently then the next song in the shuffle then skip it. 

I have over 4000 songs and use 'random shuffle all' (or whatever the setting is) and never hear the same song twice. Thought I'd caught it out the other week but what appeared to be the same song (well, technically it was) was a studio version then a live version from different albums. As Andrew says, truly random means that you could get consecutive songs from the same album played.

Dave

Archived