Poweramp Equalizer builds 985-987

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.equalizer

Builds 985-987:

• support for Pixel 9 audio effect implementation
    • via new option New Pipeline Model
    • the compressor is currently broken on Pixels 9: once enabled, it may be not possible to disable it. This is worked around with the new Restart For Compressor option
    • Bluetooth Absolute Volume detection improvements
  • AutoEq presets/devices database update
  • translations updates
  • bug fixes and stability improvements

Over the past few days, my Pixel 9 XL has been randomly playing videos on YouTube, Spotify, and Chrome at full volume, regardless of the phone’s media volume settings. Sometimes adjusting the volume with the buttons works, but other times the sound remains at max volume, forcing me to close the app to stop it.

After checking all the settings, I noticed that Poweramp Equalizer was recently updated, around the same time the issue started. Once I disabled Audio Processing in the Equalizer settings, the problem stopped. Has anyone else experienced this issue, or are there known fixes for Poweramp Equalizer causing volume control problems?

For context, I have a specific preset set up for the speaker. Any insights would be appreciated.

Just to add - I didn't change any settings within the equalizer in the past few days and has been working fine for the past several years including Pixel 5, 7, and now 9. No volume spikes or anything as mentioned by an earlier poster and has been working flawlessly for me.

Edit:

It’s definitely related to Poweramp Equalizer. I just experienced the issue again on YouTube Shorts. I disabled Poweramp Equalizer, went back to YouTube, and since the media volume was set to 0, the video played quietly. After re-enabling Poweramp Equalizer and returning to YouTube, the Shorts were blasting at full volume again. I disabled it again and played with no sound. Would appreciate you looking into this as I absolute love this equalizer. If there's any way I can assist in providing any logs, please let me know. 

Edited by QuickInfo_

10 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

@QuickInfo_ The most recent update includes some workarounds to solve issues with Pixel 9 ROMs, please ensure you have enabled that mode in Settings.

Andre

Interesting - for me, disabling "Use new Pipeline Model" solved the issue and the EQ is working fine on Bluetooth not on speaker. 

EDIT: Actually, the equalizer is showing the animation but it's not processing anything. So it seems to only work with the new Pipeline Model but causes a bug where it's playing audio on max volume.

Edited by QuickInfo_

8 minutes ago, mattyraap1966 said:

Try to set all settings to default. 

Helped at least for me on an Xiaomi Smartphone. 

Tried it, it turns off the new pipeline which doesn't process the EQ, just shows the animation. Enabling it works but causes the sound bug again