Multimedia buttons in notification (for ics)

Po0yAn

I asked it one about a year ago if it's possible to add this feature (I saw it first on default music apps on touchwiz then), and Max responded that it was a feature of that particular rom and couldn't be implemented for all roms

Now I see since ics Google's default music app has the play/pause and next buttons in the notification, so I thought it might be a right moment to ask for this feature again cause it seems using ics API this feature can be added for ics based rooms.

We added this to the latest build (will be available soon on the forum/site). Only 2 buttons (pause, next) were added. Also, we added support for ICS native lock screen music controls, though, this one is inferior to the Poweramp's lock screen (for example, album art makes time/charge status invisible).

Thanks!

This is quite nice, thanks Max!

I do have one request for the next version, though. Some players that have implemented this make the controls stay in the notification area until they are manually cleared by the user. On Poweramp, when it's paused it immediately goes away. Can we have toggle-able option in settings to have it stay until manually cleared?

This is because Poweramp service unloads itself when Poweramp is not playing something. We don't keep our service in memory when there is nothing to do for Poweramp, thus pause removes the notification itself. The only possible workaround is to keep Poweramp service for some extended time when Paused via Notification (saying for 5 minutes), I'll think about this, but it can raise questions like "why Poweramp service is not unloading", etc.

Thanks!

Archived