Tips for better performance

Hi everyone, i hace a question are there some tips to increase Poweramp performance like disabling animations or something else?. I'm interested because i hace a really Big library in my SD (+60000 songs), I already divided all my songs into folders anda that helped alot but sometimes the app is kind of slow, and I am very concious about, that I do not have the fastest phone or SD but i wanted to kbow if there are some settings that can be tweaked to increase the app performance, thanks for reading me. Kind regards

@andrewilley yes, interface glitching in some places, for exaple whem I want yo add a song to a playlist, displaying the list of playlists tales some time, I only have two playlists, another example is when I click on songs to display all and select shuffle all, it takes some seconds, also when I forward a song in shuffle all mode it takes 3-5 seconds to do it, ando I understand maybe is the library I have is too heavy, and I can survive with this glitches, actually is the only player that handles my library in a "fluid" way, but i wanted to know if there are something that I can do in order to help my device to make it a little bit more fast.

25 minutes ago, Luis David García Solano said:

@andrewilley yes, interface glitching in some places, for exaple whem I want yo add a song to a playlist, displaying the list of playlists tales some time, I only have two playlists, another example is when I click on songs to display all and select shuffle all, it takes some seconds, also when I forward a song in shuffle all mode it takes 3-5 seconds to do it, ando I understand maybe is the library I have is too heavy, and I can survive with this glitches, actually is the only player that handles my library in a "fluid" way, but i wanted to know if there are something that I can do in order to help my device to make it a little bit more fast.

With 60k songs, Shuffle All will definitely take a bit of time for most devices. A couple of seconds isn't unexpected for this.

Poweramp is already pretty efficient and quick. Really it comes down to the device. I have two Android devices (a phone and a DAP) and there is a noticeable difference between them with the same size library on the uSD card (25k songs in my case).

@Luis David García Solano this is very dependent on the storage performance (and the device itself of course) as difference in access times and cpu between low end Android device and high end one may reach 1000x (e.g. Samsung S5 @ Android 5.1 with PA on sd card vs Samsung S22 ultra @ Android 13).

Also if Poweramp is moved to sd card, prefer to move it back to the internal device storage as sd card is very slow for the library DB.