Hi-res logo on display

Go to solution Solved by andrewilley,

I really love to use Poweramp even i use Sony Product who had an internal music player. But i find Poweramp doesn't have our logo in display that meaning the files are hi-res like flac dsd or wav. Its apear on display with small tex and not automatically identified that was the hi-res files. 

Thanks 

Markings are present in the song list if the file has bit depth ≥24 and if the sample rate is ≥88.2kHz.

You can also find on the bottom of now playing screen, a readout of file's bit depth, sample rate, overall bitrate, and file format.

This readout can be tapped and cycled through other options, this is one of them.

Another being one which shows the current output method (Audiotrack, OpenSL, or Hi-Res), bit depth and sample rate.

When either of those two are long-pressed, it will show audio signal path info.

Some apps, for example UAPP, define hi-res as anything with bit depth ≥24 and sample rate ≥48kHz. It would slap a hi-res sticker on 16bit/48kHz files as well as 24bit/44.1kHz. So, what is "hi-res" is a mushy matter.

Edited by Fitzian
clarification

• Solution

The cynical amongst us might say that if your ears can't tell you if your music is high-res or not, does it actually matter... ? ;) 

Some sort of optional symbol might be added at some stage (won't be the golden Sony one as that's licenced) but I don't think it's a high priority. 

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

@andrewilley Thanks.. 🙏

On 3/12/2023 at 9:12 AM, Jerend Bullion said:

I really love to use Poweramp even i use Sony Product who had an internal music player. But i find Poweramp doesn't have our logo in display that meaning the files are hi-res like flac dsd or wav. Its apear on display with small tex and not automatically identified that was the hi-res files. 

Thanks 

@andrewilley Thanks alot.. 🙏