Album covers missing on some songs

16 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I strongly suspect that the modified file (i.e. re-saved in MP3Tag) will be fine - especially as PA sees that the image is there in Info/Tags and Album Art.

However if it does not realise that the file has been modified since it last opened it, it might not be re-reading the content during a background scan. That could be down to the way the file is being modified by the syncing software.

Andre

all i know is i over at MM people are trying to blame Poweramp since the album covers work fine in the MM app.  why the MM app will see them but not Poweramp is beyond me.  

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

all i know is i over at MM people are trying to blame Poweramp since the album covers work fine in the MM app.  why the MM app will see them but not Poweramp is beyond me.  

I grabbed that file you posted and can see a few reasons for the issues you are seeing. First is the tag types being saved. Whatever program you used to calculate the Replaygain tags has saved them as APEv2, with no other tags. APE seems to take priority over ID3 for whatever reason, even though these usually cause nothing but problems. See if your Replaygain program can be changed to save using ID3V2.3.

image.thumb.png.115a9056c2495fd11e56464e22adfb23.png

There are also both ID3v1 and ID3v2.4 tags.

Using mp3tag I removed the APE and v1 tags. IDv2.4 is the newest format, but there are still compatibility issues with many players. You may be safer to stick with v2.3 for now.

image.thumb.png.bb0c33b27248c8b16491d423f37cb7fc.png

I am certain if you try this version your art will be fine.

Edited by MotleyG

56 minutes ago, MotleyG said:

I grabbed that file you posted and can see a few reasons for the issues you are seeing. First is the tag types being saved. Whatever program you used to calculate the Replaygain tags has saved them as APEv2, with no other tags. APE seems to take priority over ID3 for whatever reason, even though these usually cause nothing but problems. See if your Replaygain program can be changed to save using ID3V2.3.

image.thumb.png.115a9056c2495fd11e56464e22adfb23.png

There are also both ID3v1 and ID3v2.4 tags.

Using mp3tag I removed the APE and v1 tags. IDv2.4 is the newest format, but there are still compatibility issues with many players. You may be safer to stick with v2.3 for now.

image.thumb.png.bb0c33b27248c8b16491d423f37cb7fc.png

I am certain if you try this version your art will be fine.

I normally have been using MP3Gain since the 00's and tried out replaygain on musicbee on some albums before.  but more comfortable with MP3Gain  since I've used it forever.

I use foobar2000 for ReplayGain adding, it's just one menu click and once scanned tap 'Update'.

I'd still like to know if files with tags re-saved in MP3Tag, and then copied manually to your phone, work better. Just to eliminate the way the syncing is being handled.

Andre

6 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

I normally have been using MP3Gain since the 00's and tried out replaygain on musicbee on some albums before.  but more comfortable with MP3Gain  since I've used it forever.

Did you try using this file I posted without the APE and v1 tags in Poweramp? It doesn’t matter that you have Replaygain tags. But mixing the different types of tags and not all of the content doesn’t work.

15 hours ago, MotleyG said:

Did you try using this file I posted without the APE and v1 tags in Poweramp? It doesn’t matter that you have Replaygain tags. But mixing the different types of tags and not all of the content doesn’t work.

No because the covers are working for that album but not another album I'm trying to fix.  it has APEv2 in it.  how do you change the tags?  I can't figure that out on MP3tag.  funny thing is only some of the songs the covers won't show but they all have APE tags.

7 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

No because the covers are working for that album but not another album I'm trying to fix.  it has APEv2 in it.  how do you change the tags?  I can't figure that out on MP3tag.  funny thing is only some of the songs the covers won't show but they all have APE tags.

Try here for some starters https://community.mp3tag.de/t/remove-apev2-tags/17870

Your files that work and have APE tags for the Replaygain info probably have the other tag info including the albumart in the APE header info. The ones that are missing art or other tags in PA don’t. 

Post a file here that you know does not work properly on PA. I can confirm that for you.