Poweramp license

standal

Hi, 

I purchased long ago Poweramp over google play and till now happy used. But now I have a phone without google software. I installed Poweramp and unlocker over Aurora Store, where I was connected through my google account, but the license does not work. Is there any posibility to use bought apk or I have to search some cracked version? 

Thanks

standal

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, if you purchased any apps (including Poweramp) from the Google Play Store, you need to have the Play Store installed on any new devices which you want to access them on, and be using the same Google account.

Otherwise it would be like purchasing a movie from Disney+ and then expecting it to play on a subsequent Netflix device.

Andre

Yes I understand your view, but want to ask if there is any other solution. Because I purchased a license to use Poweramp software, and now I cannot. In that time (2012) was no other solution as I know how to buy Poweramp. Now there is a possibility to buy Poweramp without google, so it can by just a license transfer.

Disney and netflix are not the same, there you cannot buy a movie as I know, but is not a big problem to download the movie and watch on anything else. But this is not possible with Poweramp.

15 minutes ago, standal said:

Yes I understand your view, but want to ask if there is any other solution. Because I purchased a license to use Poweramp software, and now I cannot. In that time (2012) was no other solution as I know how to buy Poweramp. Now there is a possibility to buy Poweramp without google, so it can by just a license transfer.

Disney and netflix are not the same, there you cannot buy a movie as I know, but is not a big problem to download the movie and watch on anything else. But this is not possible with Poweramp.

😒

semantics aside, the response to these requests remains constant:

IF you bought license from GP, that license is only verified through GP license check. That license can be used simultaneously on as many concurrent devices as you have connected to that GP account.

IF you buy license direct, that license/Purchase-ID may be used on only one device at a time, but may be transferred to a new device an unlimited number of times.

These conditions were never changed, there was no rug pulled out from under you.

It’s as secure a way as any to prevent folks from gaming the system, in my view.

You can indeed download Poweramp on as many devices as you like, that is something that the Google Play Store supports. But it is Google providing that functionality, so you need to have your Google account and the Play Store on each of your devices. Your purchases are linked to your Google account, and always have been.

You can often sideload gapps and the Play Store onto devices which don't natively support them - e.g. Huawei products - which would allow you to make use of any purchases that you made from Google on a Huawei phone.

Google does not provide any method for transferring purchases over to (for example) an account in the Huawei App Gallery though.

See the Purchase / Licence FAQs for more details, e.g.:

Andre

And is there any will from Poweramp side to migrate license from google to one device only? In the time I purchased the license no one cares, because on phones was google play (market) only. Now there are many markets and phones without gapps.

Why so complicated. From my point of view I already bought the license, so I would be expecting also a free license for the new direct purchasing method. A working example is sygic navigation. This works without problems over google play and also now without.

@standal there is no any automatic (or semiautomatic) means to migrate from one payment system (e.g. Google Play) to another. We can't even see list of our customers, see their accounts, etc. - as this is all private info and it is not shared by Google.

Poweramp also works fine without Google account (once license is stored on the device), or can be purchased without Google account or services (website purchase or Huawei AppGallery). We never advertise or provide services to move license across platforms.

1 hour ago, standal said:

Why so complicated.

Nothing complicated about it.

You bought something from Google a long time ago.

Google still allow you to install it on multiple other devices, but you obviously need to be using the same Google account - how would they know it was you otherwise?

That's it really. If you want to use ANY Google purchases, you need to have Google services present to validate your account and your purchase.

Andre

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

@standal there is no any automatic (or semiautomatic) means to migrate from one payment system (e.g. Google Play) to another. We can't even see list of our customers, see their accounts, etc. - as this is all private info and it is not shared by Google.

Poweramp also works fine without Google account (once license is stored on the device), or can be purchased without Google account or services (website purchase or Huawei AppGallery). We never advertise or provide services to move license across platforms.

Hi,

I stored and installed both „Poweramp Full Version Unlocker„ and „Poweramp Music Player (Trial)„ and get this error, see first picture. It is now marked as full version (see second picture), but after some time it stopes working, probably because of that error. Can you somehow update the unlocker to work without google services?

For example Nova launcher has similar license structure (trial and unlocker) and works.

Screenshot_20220622_222430_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.jpg

Screenshot_20220622_222651_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.jpg

Edited by standal

@maxmp If you mean Google play (Market store) there is non on the phone. As I mentioned in first post, I installed Poweramp over Aurora store with google account, therefore I could download the unlocker, because I bought it. It works on first run, but after I searched music and reopened Poweramp it stops working.

@maxmp If you mean Google play (Market store) there is non on the phone. As I mentioned in first post, I installed Poweramp over Aurora store with google account, therefore I could download the unlocker, because I bought it. It works on first run, but after I searched music and reopened Poweramp it stops working.

309736E4-7802-4F5C-9344-BD1871BB0289.gif.9f534084d46449f18d7383f2bca35803.gif

No Google Play Services, no way for the app to “phone home” and verify your license. Simple as that.

Asking for some ”updated” unlocker app that has no means of contacting google for license verification is completely laughable. The unlocker app’s SOLE PURPOSE is to handshake with Google and verify your purchase.

Want to avoid that handshake? Well, you’re in luck, as direct purchases are verified with a purchaseID and associated email address tied to the actual purchase ($$), no unlocker needed.

I do not think so. As example nova launcher. Also two app verification (main app as trial and unlocker as license). The verification is done through downloading the unlocker app, without paying you cannot download the unlocker and none of apps which you did not pay. As simple as it is, only Poweramp do not work, therefore I think is a bug.

2 hours ago, standal said:

I do not think so. 

Well the developer and I (and other users) have explained how it works, and you have confirmed how it works for yourself. So with respect, what you think ought to happen is immaterial.

Poweramp's licence validation is carried out via the Play Store and gapps. The fact that you are trying to hack your way around the installation process using a third-party installer product is not something that is supported.

As a final answer: If you want to use a Poweramp licence purchased from the Goole Play Store, you need to have the Google Play Store present on your device, and be using the same Google account, for the validation process to complete successfully.

If you are unable or unwilling to do that, you can purchase via your device's legitimate app store (e.g. the Huawei app Gallery) or directly from here on this website (where a licence is independent of companies like Google or Huawei, but you should note that a website licence only works on one device at any given time).

Andre

So in short as I asked in the first commen „have to search some cracked version?„ I have to search a crack.

Because the license policy is more strict than at other companies and therefore I cannot use bought app on my new phone. Thanks for explanation.

Can someone recomend me a free alternative, where bluetooth next/prev button double click skips to another folder and use folder structure and not playlist etc?

Thanks

@standal Poweramp v3 licensing is not strict, actually it’s the most relaxed paid app licensing implementation on Play. To my knowledge every other paid app out of there will check license online as per Google recommendations once a week or so. Poweramp saves license forever (until app data deleted) and never rechecks it. You can’t go less strict than that. Thanks!

So in short as I asked in the first commen „have to search some cracked version?„ I have to search a crack.

Because the license policy is more strict than at other companies and therefore I cannot use bought app on my new phone. Thanks for explanation.

Can someone recomend me a free alternative, where bluetooth next/prev button double click skips to another folder and use folder structure and not playlist etc?

Thanks

You bought a new phone and made a choice to abandon Google Play. I guarantee this will result in the same way for any other paid app. Deal with it. No free app will give you the same playback features as Poweramp. 

As you have been told repeatedly, a Google Play Store purchase can be reinstalled via the Google Play Store on any device using the same account. That is just how it works. You have chosen to use a device without that option, and you refuse to install it, so Google licencing can't work. All of the purchase FAQs confirm that.

Any further discussion of cracks/pirating will be removed, as you have been offered three legitimate solutions.

Andre

@maxmp I am sorry but you are not right. All apps which I bought and still use are working, except Poweramp. So you are not saying truth that Poweramp is less strict and relaxed, from my apps it is the most strict. Example nova launcher which I use daily.

@MotleyGThe topic is not about if I made a free choice to buy this phone. But for your info I did not buy it, I got it and use it just because is better than my old phone. And again, you are not true, any other bought app is working except Poweramp. And from playback features I need only this two written above, any idea?

@andrewilleyandrewilley: About the choice I already answered, is not what the topic is about. And as info I do not refuse nothing, it is only not possible to instal gapps. Also as info, the third party installer is no hack. It just downloads apps from play store where you have to log in and installs app. That is why I can download and install payed apps. Without logging in, it is not possible to download such an app. As I mentioned above, all other payed apps have no problem with google licensing and are working, only Poweramp is not.

• 7 months later...

@standal This is dumbfounding. Be moral and your asking for trouble from the staff or worse. I'm impressed with their kindness despite your attitude. Not intending to insult here just being raw. Wow! 

Edited by Mitch Walton