Cannot cast to chromecast

I know there is another thread on this but it seems like it is being considered as resolved however I have been having issues for months. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. I haven't had it working at all in weeks now though. It's clearly not a fixed issue.

Exactly the same issue as others, connects to the speaker, an audible sound is made to confirm that but the music doesn't play. The seeker moved for 3 seconds before looping back.

App updated, everything rebooted.

The free Hifi cast app works perfectly everytime so I can't see why this issue is just constant with Poweramp which I foolishly paid for. Now I'm having to use this ugly hifi cast app :(

Hi,
I still have the same problem with my Galaxy Note+  but my other samsung phone works fine???

Same android version 12, kernel 4.14.190, PA build-939.

- I am able to click "cast" in Power Amp

I get the  "Ding" connection sound from Chrome Cast speaker as usual, and no output from Chrome Cast speaker!

- Power Amp thinks it is casting, allows to control volume play/stop, next and previous, it even displays the song tags if I cast on TV

- no sound on Chrome Cast speaker and the PA progress bar comes back every 3 seconds.

- all other apps can cast of that same device.

I would appreciate to have a feedback.

Thank you

Is there anything in common between your two devices, firmware, or Chromecast unit? My own Samsung A70 with Android 11 casts perfectly to a gen1 Chromecast dongle and to my Onkyo amplifier.

There have been a couple of server-side issues in the past, but when they occur they affect all users and they have to be rectified centrally, which does not seem to be the case here.

Andre

For me, I'm using a Google pixel 5. I don't have any other devices to test though. I have chromecast audio set up in a few places. Main living room set up connected to Yamaha reciever, and then on standard speakers in my bedroom, kitchen and workshop. Poweramp fails to connect to all of them.