Pitch changer features required in Power AMP player

Poweramp team proving us such a good feature for enjoy music 🎶. I am missing a feature that is pitch changing. Team power amp please provide us a feature so that we can change pitch with losing music quality like this app. 

I am pro version of this app but i want this in my lovely & favorite app that is Poweramp. 

i hope team power amp will reply me. 

Screenshot_2022-02-12-12-56-32-16_96f33ace465567317749c109a97d3533.jpg

• 1 month later...

@Faddex At the moment, tempo (speed change) is supported in the EQ screens -  handy for the audiobook listeners - but not pitch as yet.

Some people have requested it as a way to implement the many miraculously magical effects of 432Hz re-tuning for example. Hopefully it will make it into the EQ at some point in the future.

Andre

• 1 month later...

@Faddex i use free app called "musicolet" , it's a music player , not standalone app that can be used alongside Poweramp ..

I only use that app in case i need to train my voice in the morning .. yes , with phone speaker ,, it sounds terrible when using earphone set .. 

Maybe , max doesn't add this feature because of the output results .. although Poweramp are capable .. 

But , it's nice to have .. 

9 hours ago, Ghoctav said:

@Faddex i use free app called "musicolet" , it's a music player , not standalone app that can be used alongside Poweramp ..

I only use that app in case i need to train my voice in the morning .. yes , with phone speaker ,, it sounds terrible when using earphone set .. 

Maybe , max doesn't add this feature because of the output results .. although Poweramp are capable .. 

But , it's nice to have .. 

Thank you for the reply, I will check it out! 

Yes I know that only the pitch change will sound bad, along with bops sounds every few seconds, but what I mean is something like the soundtouch plugin for foobar2000 for pc. Basically there is an option for "rate adjust": this option let you change the pitch but automatically, based on how much you changed the pitch, it change also the tempo. So if you go down on pitch the music will sound just a bit slower but it isnt very noticable and also it will sound without any distortion or bops. 

But I am ok if max decide to only release pitch change, then I can change the tempo myself manually since there is already the tempo feature

• 7 months later...
3 hours ago, yousuck666 said:

how hard can implementing this be? not exactly a fan of switching apps to transpose shit.....

I’m not a fan of the idea of having Poweramp implementing a feature that lowers the sound quality of anything. That is completely the opposite of the design principle of the app. With just a single developer involved, I would much rather they continue the development as a focus on that path rather than add gimmicky features.

• 1 year later...
On 2/12/2022 at 9:06 AM, Sohaibahmadu said:

Poweramp team proving us such a good feature for enjoy music 🎶. I am missing a feature that is pitch changing. Team power amp please provide us a feature so that we can change pitch with losing music quality like this app. 

I am pro version of this app but i want this in my lovely & favorite app that is Poweramp. 

i hope team power amp will reply me. 

Screenshot_2022-02-12-12-56-32-16_96f33ace465567317749c109a97d3533.jpg

Hey, can you tell me the app name of this screenshot? I search something like this exactly, I mean for pitch changing. That will help a lot with my tinnitus. Thanks so much.

@andrewilley Thank you Andrew, Now point is 0 after my voting so I think there is no chance to do that.. but Please think about it @maxmpbecause thanks to changing pitch I can masking my tinnitus. Tempo option is already available in eq so only pitch yet. Thanks so much.

44 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Don't forget to vote for this feature if it's something that you particularly want.

Andre

Some time ago Max indicated that it was his intention to add Pitch adjustment, in addition to a separate Speed control, the next time he was doing work on the EQ code, so I wouldn't rule it out as happening alongside other tasks. Certainly 432Hz retuning does seem to be an audiophile goal of sorts, which fits in with PA's design ethos.

But I agree it doesn't seem to be the most popular request at the moment - although I have no idea why anyone would feel strongly enough against it to downvote it below zero.

Andre

As with all new features, separating Speed and Pitch controls out from the currently combined Tempo knob wouldn't detrimentally affect anyone whom does not want to use it. Personally I trust the artists and sound engineers to create their masters as they wish them to be heard, rather than randomly being retuned by the listener. But as always, there's a lot of acoustic psychobabble out there (gold-plated digital connectors to improve the bass response anyone?). 

Andre

@andrewilley With my tinnitus I dont listen typical music at all, so why I need that thing? - For Asmr [ear massage sounds and other - it helps me a lot] and for audiobooks where i can change male voice to chipmunk thanks to pitch without killing ears. I know its strange but i live in tinnitus hell and every moment when i can masking this thing, is priceless moment for me, but thank you anyway

7 minutes ago, Cthulhu said:

With my tinnitus I dont listen typical music at all, so why I need that thing?

Then why do you need to use a music player designed for best audio playback, or why should the app dev add a feature that goes against the design philosophy? There are other apps out there that do exactly what you want.