Can I use Poweramp's equalizer for other apps?

Hi, I am very happy today because I buy Poweramp's today but I am missing something in this that is "Equalizer for other apps" 

Yes, is there anybody know that how can I use Poweramp's equalizer for other apps? 

If that's impossible than we (Lover of Poweramp's) are missing this function in this Buy version. 😥😭

I requested to all team Poweramp's that please make this Possible 😭

We are Waiting for this one 😭😢... 

2 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Sorry, it can't be done due to Android restrictions. Not without requiring a rooted device anyway.

Andre

There are equalizer apps in the play store, though. So it doesn't seem to be generally impossible for an app to fit into the android audio stream.

@maxmp

As this is a often requested feature, perhaps you could briefly outline the difference between Poweramp and an equalizer app ?

5 hours ago, Sohaibahmadu said:

If that's impossible than we (Lover of Poweramp's) are missing this function in this Buy version. 😥😭

I'm no android developer and don't know any of Poweramp's internals either. So all I can do is search a bit and see what I can find:

https://www.androidauthority.com/best-equalizer-apps-android-761240/

https://developer.android.com/reference/android/media/audiofx/Equalizer

From that it seems that it should be generally possible to write an equalizer app, the first link shows some existing ones. They are implemented with the help of the API, which is documented in the second link.

I would now venture several guesses : you HAVE to use this API if you implement a general equalizer, this then isn't as good as Poweramp's, therefore Poweramp doesn't do it that way, therefore Poweramp cannot be used as general equalizer.

Anybody who knows better feel free to put things right !

• 10 months later...

Poweramp equalizer can't be directly used for other apps, but there is an alternative Poweramp-based equalizer app in the works, with almost all Poweramp current and future bell and whistles (DVC, 10-16-24-32 bands, parametric, presset assignment, etc.). App will work only for Android 9+ and for subset of players (though most major ones are included: Spotify, GPM, YTM, Deezer, etc.) Expect alpha builds in early '20.

49 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Poweramp equalizer can't be directly used for other apps, but there is an alternative Poweramp-based equalizer app in the works, with almost all Poweramp current and future bell and whistles (DVC, 10-16-24-32 bands, parametric, presset assignment, etc.). App will work only for Android 9+ and for subset of players (though most major ones are included: Spotify, GPM, YTM, Deezer, etc.) Expect alpha builds in early '20.

Is there any information on the suggested name of the new app?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Will the equalizer app have separate left/right settings? 

I took a hearing test and found my two ears have a different response; tried to adjust in Poweramp but doesn't look like it can be done? 

Seems like that would be a good feature for this app. Hope it comes soon! 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a Samsung Galaxy device, he uses a system app called Sound Alive but that sucks, fortunately Poweramp can ignore it when DVC is enabled. Exists some equalizer with DVC feature? I would like to use one for Tidal for example.

P.S.: I don't want to root only to have to use Viper4android

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2020 at 12:10 AM, maxmp said:

@AVCPL currently, 2 UIs are in the development - simple graphical 3-64 bands (like 10 Poweramp bands now) and parametrical UI, where you can define bands and apply those to L/R channels as desired.

I'm using James DSP right now for implementing an impulse response file and parametric eq. Does the parametrical UI also allow us to implement an impulse response file/parametic eq file into Poweramp directly?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/21/2019 at 3:05 AM, evanbigfan said:

I tried so many equalizer and bass booster app. nothing comes close to the Poweramp equalizer. 

I would extremely appreciate having the Poweramp equalizer being applied to other apps like YTMusic and Spotify.

I extremely appreciate too, I hope in the near future Poweramp EQ applied to Qobuz & Tidal