Transfer license between phones not an option, can't use paid software

Phoenix Noiré
Go to solution Solved by maxmp,

Two Bugs: I can't activate my license because I no longer have the Email address I used to pay for it, and can't get into get the activation code. Ordinarily, this shouldn't be a problem as I should be able to transfer my license over from my phone where it's still active, but this feature is curiously missing, as is any contact information for the company whatsoever.

Edit: The Email address I paid for my license with is just2win@excite.com, but it's okay to share it because no excite Email addresses work anymore, but sending the code to the address I've signed up with here will work too.

52 minutes ago, Phoenix Noiré said:

but this feature is curiously missing, as is any contact information for the company whatsoever.

Did you try Settings > Get Support > Contact Us?

If your purchase was directly from Poweramp website, they will be able to help you. If your purchase was with Google Play Store, it might be tricker as I'm not sure how to get them to change a default email address on an account (any Play Store purchases are connected to that user account).

Andre

1 minute ago, Phoenix Noiré said:

No, I didn't look in the app for contact info for the same reason I don't look in the freezer for my car keys. That's not where any sane person puts contact it, but I'll check it out.

I’m pretty sure most apps, if not all, have a contact and support link somewhere. That’s exactly where I would expect it to be.🤔 But definitely not in the freezer!🤣

You did say that your old device was still active, so I assumed you could get to the in-app support page from there. And if you now have it installed on your new device, you still have the free two week trial period when it is fully functional. 

Otherwise just email manually to poweramp.maxmpz [at] gmail.com, which is also listed under Developer Info on the Play Store product page:

image.png

Andre

Thanks, Andewiley. I'll send him an Email. Sorry my presence is spotty. I'm homeless, so I'm at the mercy of where there's wifi and a charge for my phone...

As far as my old one, it was in my pocket when I fell in a lake, so it's a miracle that it even worked well enough to get the stuff I needed out of it.

EDIT: I purchased it from the website in 2017 and I do have the account associated with it on this phone, so all I need is the purchase code that's in the Email account that no longer exists...

Edited by Phoenix Noiré

Sorry for your current situation, I hope things might improve for you soon.

As this was a website purchase, the email address I gave you should be able to resolve your issue for you. Ideally it's best to be able to send the email from the original account so they know it's actually you, but I'm sure they can confirm that some other way as the old account is no longer accessible.

Andre

On 11/28/2021 at 4:47 PM, andrewilley said:

Sorry for your current situation, I hope things might improve for you soon.

As this was a website purchase, the email address I gave you should be able to resolve your issue for you. Ideally it's best to be able to send the email from the original account so they know it's actually you, but I'm sure they can confirm that some other way as the old account is no longer accessible.

Andre

Apparently they can't cause he just keeps copy/pasting how to restore a purchase from the FAQ's as if I'm speaking to a bot scanning for keywords rather than a human reading about my issue.

On 11/29/2021 at 6:04 PM, andrewilley said:

Try again, explaining that your issue is not covered by the standard response. Refer a link to to this thread if you need to.

Andre

I've done all I can do, and my disability came in today, so if I can get a data plan on this phone, I can safely buy another license. He wins this one, but I gotta pick my battles anymore.

Please email again, very specifically outlining your problem that you need the email address on your account changing. I can't do anything about personal licences in the open forums, but the Support email should be able to resolve it for you.

Be very specific (but succinct) in your message, saying that stock responses have not helped and that all you need is your email address updating. There is no reason you should be paying another $5, especially in your situation.  

Andre

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

@Phoenix Noiré Sorry to hear that. I could help if I’ve seen the post earlier.

Poweramp support generally can’t help with cases like this for Play purchases - there are just no any tools or other support from Play to change account for the purchases. (Sometimes new purchase + refund may help, but as Poweramp v3 license is now permanently stored on the device, it can’t be done so easily as for v2.)

As for website purchase - you can just use your old email (even if you lost access to it) as previously to activate Poweramp, no need to change anything anywhere.