Low volume on Bluetooth headphone

Scorpion

Hey guys..  I just bought a new Bluetooth headphone, and listened to some songs on Poweramp and noticed that volume on Bluetooth headphone is too low compared to Spotify app or any other music players. I tried some instructions from this like disabling absolute volume and it didn't work. I'm dissapointed right now. Any help on this would be appreciated. 

My device - Poco X2 (Redmi K30)

Android 11 (MIUI 12.5)

Thank you.

If you use DVC, then you need to disable the Android dev options 'Absolute Volume for BT' feature. But if you don't use DVC for your Bluetooth output, it doesn't matter. Try different methods for your BT Output (in Settings > Audio > Output) and see if that makes a difference.

PA is not designed to be loud specifically (there's another thread on the same subject in fact) and can leave processing headroom which may make it quieter than other apps which may send 100% digital maximum. Try turning ReplayGain off, and increase the pre-amp setting in the PA EQ screen if overall volume is more important to you than reducing the risk of clipping distortion.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

@Scorpion I assume that's the same setting that's in dev options, but made available per BT device rather than globally.

Andre

I think you are right. And also regarding my complain about low volume, I think I'm kind of getting used to the low volume in Poweramp. Since I use replay gain, even at full volume there's no distortion. So I think my problem got solved itself. 👍

26 minutes ago, Scorpion said:

Since I use replay gain, even at full volume there's no distortion.

If you don't use a lot of EQ boosts, you could increase the target level for ReplayGain by turning up the RG preamp setting. I have mine set to +6dB, and my preamp for non-RG songs set to -2.5dB, which seems to level 100%-max digital tracks to around the same level whether they have RG tags or not. 

Andre

41 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

If you don't use a lot of EQ boosts, you could increase the target level for ReplayGain by turning up the RG preamp setting. I have mine set to +6dB, and my preamp for non-RG songs set to -2.5dB, which seems to level 100%-max digital tracks to around the same level whether they have RG tags or not. 

Andre

I don't use EQ since i love to listen to songs as they are intended to listen, and i have set replay gain preamp to +8dB after listening to some tracks, and i didn't change preamp of non-RG song since all of my 2600+ songs have replay gain tag in it. Thanks for the reply 👍