Poweramp equalizer doesnt equalize anything

Mike21

Downloaded from google play, worked for a while though wont equalize youtube, liked compressor feature so much decided to keep using it. Then trial expired and got a bunch of locks, so I deleted it. Downloaded about a week later but only adjusts volume, no change in equalizer settings or compressor no matter what music is playing. Im on Galaxy Note 8  would buy full ver, but why, if it wont work?

Hello, for PEQ to equalize a music stream from a player, it needs to know and track the music stream's audio session id. Unfortunately only a handful of players expose their session id, allowing external EQs to work. Players like Spotify, YouTube music do, but just YouTube app doesn't. However, there is a way to equalize them, you can enable Advanced player tracking from Settings > Advanced player tracking. It uses a way of getting all active sessions via dumpsys but Android restricts that area with a permission (DUMP). You just need to give two permissions, DUMP, which requires a bit of an effort (see this guide on how to activate it), and notification listener permission.

IMG_20210509_083133.jpg

I got the listener permission activated, Enable Player Tracking is greyed out. I tried to run the command via android emulator, as you see, got this error. I couldnt get the adb shell activated with the # prompt, said adb: not found. Im NOT rooted. Is there a work around. How can I get it to work? 

Thanks connected another android to my device via bluetooth, they connected opend chrome updated on device, and pressed "add device" my phone doesnt show up, cant connect says "webabd cant do anything without your expicit permission" what did I miss? Just getting "not connected".

2 hours ago, Mike21 said:

Thanks connected another android to my device via bluetooth

Debugging isn't possible via bluetooth, you'd need to connect your device with an usb cable. There is, however a wireless method to use ADB, but that's an Android 11+ feature.

9 hours ago, Mike21 said:

Thanks connected another android to my device via bluetooth, they connected opend chrome updated on device, and pressed "add device" my phone doesnt show up.

As I stated in the instructions I posted earlier, you need to connect your phone to a computer (or a second phone) via USB cable connection in order to run an ADB session from that external device.

There are new ways to do it via wi-fi, but on Android 10 and below you first need to do an initial set up via USB cable anyway: https://developer.android.com/studio/command-line/adb#wireless-adb-android-11  

Andre

You guys are awesome! I am usually aware of what needs to be done next and was pretty sure a pc connection was in my future, now that said, in all my years as a network admin, I never heard of connecting two phones via usb, sounds fascinating. Ok well check it out! Ill get back...

K, will do, but want to ask. How idiotproof is this USB  connection? Can I just get windows 10 to recognize my Galaxy, open the PA adb page in Chrome, (win10), hit the DUMP tweak feature on my galaxy and forego the foil hat, or am I missing something?

Edited by Mike21