Is it me, or is this the best sounding app in the store?

Quavid

I think this is the best sounding app by far on the play store. It's loud, and the equalizer is great. Rocket Player can compete, but this still wins by a landslide. I can't stand players that aren't loud, or lack good bass. Anyone know of anything similar?

IMO,I love the sound quality and EQ PA provides (32 bands! No other music player on android has this to my knowledge). And most of all PA has a robust flexible and customisable (with skins) UI. It still lacks a crystalizer, autoEQ (headphones based equalization). JetAudio kinda wins on that one (has tones of customisable audio settings).

I would still prefer PA as it suits my needs well (ie. I don't need that many audio settings) and of course I love the gestures and UI. 🙂

Anyway this forum is for discussing about Poweramp not about other music players in general. I don't think it would be a good idea to outright discuss about other music players (unless a mod gives us permission).

1 hour ago, Someguyonline said:

IMO,I love the sound quality and EQ PA provides (32 bands! No other music player on android has this to my knowledge). And most of all PA has a robust flexible and customisable (with skins) UI. It still lacks a crystalizer, autoEQ (headphones based equalization). JetAudio kinda wins on that one (has tones of customisable audio settings).

I would still prefer PA as it suits my needs well (ie. I don't need that many audio settings) and of course I love the gestures and UI. 🙂

Anyway this forum is for discussing about Poweramp not about other music players in general. I don't think it would be a good idea to outright discuss about other music players (unless a mod gives us permission).

Neutron has up to 60 graphic and parametric EQ bands, and AutoEQ implementation.

Though far less customization in the skin/UI front. (Liv Dark being my favorite iteration on that for Poweramp).

On 2/22/2021 at 10:05 PM, Fitzian said:

Neutron has up to 60 graphic and parametric EQ bands, and AutoEQ implementation.

Although if you just want more bass you won't need 60 EQ bands, just one (parametric) will do nicely. The thing with a parametric equalizer being not that you've got so many bands, but that you need so few.

dsp-2.jpg

dsp-1.jpg

2 hours ago, RiedRied said:

Although if you just want more bass you won't need 60 EQ bands, just one (parametric) will do nicely. The thing with a parametric equalizer being not that you've got so many bands, but that you need so few.

dsp-2.jpg

dsp-1.jpg

Of course!

For example, I think in RME’s ADI-2 FS desktop DAC/AMP, they determined the most you reeeaaalllyy need is about 5. Before you begin to run into trade offs :P

Archived