Melodi - Poweramp Skin

On 10/29/2022 at 5:40 AM, andrewilley said:

User on Facebook is reporting a potential virus message associated with Liv Dark.

I also have the liv dark skin, never got any notification like that, even if I do a manual play protect scan, my apps are all clean. I suspect it's a pirated app, unlocked / modified / cracked apks from unknown sources. If that's the case, there's nothing to do with the genuine product.Screenshot-20221030-230806-Google-Play-S

Edited by Xander71

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, on_di said:

@Xander71 i have the same problem with Improved skin as well and this skin is for free on Google play, so it's not an issue about mod apks from other sites

I have both Liv Dark and Dais Dark from @giannisgx89 on my device. I have never seen this warning message during install or updates. Plus these are Play Store managed apps, if there was any concern like this I would expect Google would suspend them as they become more Apple-like in their approach to managing app approval. I wonder if this is a regional thing based on local requirements?

This looks really weird but recently on my telegram group i got few users who reported some bugs with my skins and all of them were using a pirated version of my skins.
The weirdest part is that improved shows virus which is free. No idea what could cause this and also i didnt get any reports in my developer console.

15 hours ago, Xander71 said:

@on_di @MotleyG Could be something with the app. I just run a virustotal scan on the genuine apk and it has one flag. 

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/9a7f3add2ed86d9bc90216bba8e431e8275a14d16e5b73fffd9bfa6417439ed4/summary

May i know where and how did you get this genuine apk version?

Cause i just run virus total scan for all my skins right after i compiled them with android studio and the apk size is different from then one you uploaded but they should be exactly the same.

Also that message from facebook group shows that that liv dark sends "sms messages privately or adult content" but none of my skins are using/requesting ANY permissions.
This is most likely a false positive or the users has a pirated/cracked version of my skin which very common. Improved skin may be free but if at some point there was any other cracked skin/app installed that may also cause issues.

Just a tip to know if someone is using a pirated version: if they can submit a review or a rating on playstore then it is genuine if not then it is certainly pirated.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/33cd4177c87d1a756ba5e5b043e33e21749c4c7777e40344ae2399eb690c1a58
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/238ad2db4cd5b05a39e7f71541f623f726b94834636645fc0a3acdf37a49df86?nocache=1

dais.jpg

Screenshot 2022-11-01 084031.jpg

Screenshot 2022-11-01 085348.jpg

Edited by giannisgx89

16 hours ago, on_di said:

@Xander71 i have the same problem with Improved skin as well and this skin is for free on Google play, so it's not an issue about mod apks from other sites

Improved didnt get updated for over a month if you had a similar issue earlier i guess you would have reported it already, if you got the issue recently then this is most probably something else.

Screenshot 2022-11-01 084717.jpg

Looks like there are several reports from users who got a message that my skins contain virus. Investigating now and also contacted google about it.

Edit: Installing the apks directly from android studio they show no errors but when i do it from playstore it shows that they contain virus. No idea what could cause this.
I scanned my pc with malwarebytes, adwcleaner, hitman pro no virus found and now i will try to bitdiffender internet security. I also send avast an email that this is a false positive with the apk and the virus name, hope they answer soon cause right now im just gathering 1 star reviews from users.

Edited by giannisgx89

@giannisgx89 Simple, I have bought the skin back in 2020, but I'm not using it, I use @flyingdutchman's yaps for my main skin. Just installed the appfrom play, exported the original apk with solid explorer and did a virustotal scan. I also checked Yaps, and a couple of paid apps I own the exact same way, all came back clean, except liv dark.

Screenshot-20221031-131505-Google-Play-S

Here's a scan from yaps, totally clean.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/cb4a31e019f2192eb32ca750fff5e6592502eef3336a61ee13a23bfb453143df/summary

Yeah it looks like it's something on my end. Will try to use the clean Poweramp sample skin base from github and check if that fixes the issue.

It's weird that the same apk compiled from android studio shows no issues but when upload the same apk playstore beta channel i get the same "Android:Evo-gen [Trj]" as @Xander71 found.

@giannisgx89 Here's the whole process, I just repeated it the exact same way, came back positive again with one flag. I have to mention, every one of my paid apps came back totally clean, except liv dark. I also have to mention, I would never use any pirated apps, it's a slap on the face regarding privacy and safety. So now you can see, it's definitely not pirated app, it is the genuine product.

Here's the video:

And here's the result, again:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/9a7f3add2ed86d9bc90216bba8e431e8275a14d16e5b73fffd9bfa6417439ed4/summary

I know you didnt pirated the apk from your very first screenshot you could rate my skin (only those who purchase my skin can do that) i was just asking just to make sure you didnt try to find the apk on google and checked that one.

The issue definitely on my end and im currently trying to fix it.

Edited by giannisgx89

3 hours ago, giannisgx89 said:

Just a tip to know if someone is using a pirated version: if they can submit a review or a rating on playstore then it is genuine if not then it is certainly pirated.

Oh, good to know that, I knew that if someone has a pirated app the play store will show it regardless, but they cannot update to the latest version. So you can't leave ratings on pirated apps? Makes it a whole lot easier to catch liars. Thank you for your information!

37 minutes ago, Xander71 said:

Oh, good to know that, I knew that if someone has a pirated app the play store will show it regardless, but they cannot update to the latest version. So you can't leave ratings on pirated apps? Makes it a whole lot easier to catch liars. Thank you for your information!

Yep you can leave a rating or write a review.

Btw i checked the link you first shared with liv dark infected with virus apk and it shows clean now and shows the yaps link with infection.
Can you also check the results of those two?

Screenshot 2022-11-01 130552.jpg

@giannisgx89 Strange, I did a rescan on both yaps and liv dark again, and now it shows liv dark clean and yaps infected. I think we can agree on it, these are false positives then.

Liv dark:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/9a7f3add2ed86d9bc90216bba8e431e8275a14d16e5b73fffd9bfa6417439ed4

Yaps:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/cb4a31e019f2192eb32ca750fff5e6592502eef3336a61ee13a23bfb453143df

The biggest issue is the 1 star reviews from playstore, people will get suspicious and will not purchase any of my work in the future. This happened right before i started working on my new skin Dais White but i dont think i will release it now.

Edited by giannisgx89

@giannisgx89 Oh, I know people are quick to attack if they don't like something, rather than investigate the situation first themself to make it sure, and try to help if they can. Sometimes these things can happen unintentionally. What makes me raise my fist is, most of those people are just liars and they are using pirated apps, yet complaining to the developer while there is nothing in common between a genuine product and a stolen / modified app.