why better resolution audio is not working?

Vanderson

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You still basically just said the same, "it's poor quality". What about your device, ROM version, Poweramp version, output method, file types, settings, etc? Have you tried enabling/disabling DVC (Direct Volume Control), different output modes and resolutions, etc?

The results from Settings > Audio > Advanced Tweaks > Audio Outputs Detection Log might help too.

Andre

On 7/15/2020 at 9:28 AM, andrewilley said:

You still basically just said the same, "it's poor quality". What about your device, ROM version, Poweramp version, output method, file types, settings, etc? Have you tried enabling/disabling DVC (Direct Volume Control), different output modes and resolutions, etc?

The results from Settings > Audio > Advanced Tweaks > Audio Outputs Detection Log might help too.

Andre

I have a mi 8 lite, I've tried all the options but it still doesn't work

You are only playing a 16-bit 44.1kHz file there, so you are not going to get any advantage from trying to use high-res output anyway. I assume you do have some other proper high-res audio files? And have you tried Settings > Audio > Output > Restore Defaults, as I suggested before?

Still waiting for Settings > Audio > Advanced Tweaks > Audio Outputs Detection Log.

Andre

5 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Você está apenas reproduzindo um arquivo de 44.1kHz de 16 bits, portanto não terá nenhuma vantagem em tentar usar a saída de alta resolução de qualquer maneira. Suponho que você tenha outros arquivos de áudio de alta resolução? E você já tentou  Configurações> Áudio> Saída> Restaurar padrões, como sugeri antes?

Ainda aguardando Configurações> Áudio> Ajustes avançados> Registro de detecção de saídas de áudio.

Andre

even reproducing a 44.1kHz 16-bit file I had an absurd gain in the phone and the quality was clearer, I restored it and nothing happens, after the update is not working correctly something in the application happened.

@Vanderson you have now posted Audio Info for your device's built-in speakers, which of course are not high quality of any sort.

At least we know your Android ROM version now though. Is that what you keep referring to by an 'update' that broke high-res for you by the way - perhaps from Android 9 to Android 10? Or do you mean a Poweramp update? We still don't know what version of Poweramp you are using (hopefully 877) which brings me back again to:

On 7/15/2020 at 1:28 PM, andrewilley said:

17 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Please could you post the info from Settings > Audio > Advanced Tweaks > Audio Outputs Detection Log.

15 hours ago, andrewilley said:

We'll wait for you to post the info from Settings > Audio > Advanced Tweaks > Audio Outputs Detection Log.

Still waiting for Settings > Audio > Advanced Tweaks > Audio Outputs Detection Log.

Again, Settings > Audio > Advanced Tweaks > Audio Outputs Detection Log might help.

14 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Anyway, there's nothing much more to say until you post your results from Settings > Audio > Advanced Tweaks > Audio Outputs Detection Log 

Andre

@Vanderson As a side note, MIUI updates (to Android 10) usually initially break DVC + Hi-Res on 3.5 output. Hi-Res + DVC support usually comes later with the ROM updates (or for some devices - never). Also, from my experience, Lite versions never has Hi-Res on 3.5, but still may have LDAC or AptX HD for bluetooth.

So has it worked correctly for you on this Mi 8 Lite with Android 10, meaning that a recent Poweramp update has triggered your issue? Or has your MIUI version updated to Android 10 - which I suspect is more likely the cause of this sort of problem.

Andre

Archived