Avoid this at home

Kloppstock

My playlist had 2450 items some minutes ago. then i must have accidentaly highligted all items

inside "recently added"  by title" and added  around 2000 items more to my playlist instead of 1 intended file.

Now i wanna regrett it :) cause i dont think its fun to manually erase 2000 files

My playlist is more or less ruined

Remove the "select all" button thank you!!!!

The new items will have been added at the end of the existing ones. If you export the playlist to an M3U8 file you should be able to simply find and remove the last 2,000 lines in a text editor to get the file back to your original version. Then you can bring that back into PA - either continuing to use it as a file-based playlist, or copy that list back to an internal playlist if you prefer it that way.

Andre

12 hours ago, andrewilley said:

The new items will have been added at the end of the existing ones. If you export the playlist to an M3U8 file you should be able to simply find and remove the last 2,000 lines in a text editor to get the file back to your original version. Then you can bring that back into PA - either continuing to use it as a file-based playlist, or copy that list back to an internal playlist if you prefer it that way.

Andre

Exellent idea, however im recieving some kind of tech anomally, after selecting folder and clicking export

"Exported playlists 0"

This is not!  how i recall it behaved when i did my last backup

If you did another export before, are you perhaps already using that file-based version now, rather than an internal database version? Do you see a filename extender (.m3u or .m3u8) against the name in Poweramp'ls Library > Playlists view?

Another way to look at and copy internal playlists would be to use Theo Klink's ( @flyingdutchmanNew Playlist Manager app from the Play Store.

Andre

7 hours ago, andrewilley said:

If you did another export before, are you perhaps already using that file-based version now, rather than an internal database version?

Do you see a filename extender (.m3u or .m3u8) against the name in Poweramp'ls Library > Playlists view?

Another way to look at and copy internal playlists would be to use Theo Klink's ( @flyingdutchmanNew Playlist Manager app from the Play Store.

Andre

Yeah im using that file-based version judged on this screenshot.

If i would move this m3u8 file out of my music folder the database version? ( Im not sure what the internal database version is) inside the player will be depleted of items

Even though the file-based version are active i thought i could export multiple M3u8 to another location on the phone.

Obviosly not, so i guess? i must cutt and paste the active M3u8 to my computer before i can export a fresh one

The new playlist manager will be a last resort, i need a quickfix first

Namnlös1.jpg

If your playlist is based from a file (e.g. in the Poweramp library view, the playlist's name shows as something like "Lisbeth.m3u8") then all you need to do is edit that file. You can do this on a PC or on your phone, it's just a plain text file. Remove the last 2,000 or so lines (all the ones at the end that you don't want anyway) and the job is done, PA will notice the file has been edited and display the new contents.

Andre

10 hours ago, Kloppstock said:

I know, i have done that, unfort atleast 1700 of those tracks where not dups :)

Oops, I wasn't full awake when I answered, I had somehow read it as duplicates. This leaves you with the option to edit the m3u8 file on a computer or in some text editor on your device, the m3u8 is a plain text file so it shouldn't be a problem to remove ~2000 lines from it.

22 hours ago, andrewilley said:

If your playlist is based from a file (e.g. in the Poweramp library view, the playlist's name shows as something like "Lisbeth.m3u8") then all you need to do is edit that file. You can do this on a PC or on your phone, it's just a plain text file. Remove the last 2,000 or so lines (all the ones at the end that you don't want anyway) and the job is done, PA will notice the file has been edited and display the new contents.

Andre

Thanks for the inspiration, as usual i did not exactley as you suggested, but i created a copy of the M3u8 file and renamed it on the computer, and then moved it back, the old M3u8 file had not updated before the accident

Archived