DVC - Absolute Volume Android 10 MIUI 11

Mokoko9

I'm started to having this problem after android 10 update. My device runs MIUI 11. 

I already have disabled the absolute volume but it seems like Poweramp can't detect that. 

Here is the photos of the situation:Screenshot-2020-04-05-20-40-39-250-com-aScreenshot-2020-04-05-20-40-31-540-com-m

Disable No DVC for Bluetooth Absolute Volume (from your screenshot).

On Android 10 (most ROMs) it's not possible to guess if Disable absolute volume option is enabled or not, so Poweramp goes safe here and always disables it for BT by default.

I put wall of text there, but it seems it's still hard to understand, so for Android 10 some additional wall of text is required, probably.

I fixed my DVC problem by subsequently opening both MIUI Music player with Poweramp the volume gain is fixed if i do it. I just let the MIUI music player open but not playing then proceed to use the Poweramp i dont know how and why it is like this.

Update: Sometimes it loses all volume when i do it but resetting the audio fix the lost of volume

Just now, Cev0514 said:

@maxmp I use 11.0.6 MIUI version and Wired earphones as i said lately the bug seems to be inconsistent as i tried it multiple times and most of the time it loses audio and need to reset the settings to restore it.

And btw i posted earlier about the DVC problem on my Pocophone F1 Android 10 update as making the settings default and even tried re-installing doesnt solve the problem. I am regretting the update but somehow want the Poweramp be able to support the new android version. The main issue for me is that instead of improving the volume when hi-res mode is turned on i have the opposite result from it. It lowers the volume significantly and sometimes loses audio. Thank you.

@Cev0514 The Absolute Volume stuff is only for Bluetooth, 3.5 output uses completely different audio path. As for MIUI 11.0.6 on Poco F1, I can confirm Hi-Res + DVC has negative gain on this ROM, so I would recommend using non-DVC mode on it now. It's still Hi-Res output though. If you collection is mostly standard definition and you like to use equalization/tone controls, I would recommend using OpenSL output.

Further tests on Poco F! + MIUI 11.0.6 shows that:

- Hi-Res + DVC works after reboot and until any other player plays some hi-res audio
- after that Hi-Res + DVC doesn't work in Poweramp, but non-DVC Hi-Res will work OK (or non-Hi-Res outputs + DVC).

I guess this issue is due to ROM limitation for just one hi-res output per system for some reason (no hardware limitation of this sort exists). So any other hi-res playback messes with the only hi-res output and things break.

• 8 months later...

I face this exact issue on all android 10 miui roms. Now it's on Lineage too🙄. If dvc is enabled, if anything interrupt audio while it's playing, whole media volume go down, dead. Reboot only fix the issue, don't know if its Hi-Res audio issue! It only happens with certain roms i guess

Archived