A few minor changes and suggestions

lifeless

First of all, I want to express my gratitude for the wonderful player: I have been using it for many years, I have been enjoying the update for more than a year, but for all its merits, I would like to share my suggestions on modifying the functionality.

* Sort albums by release time

In the "Album Artist" category, albums are sorted by year and not by date, which causes some discomfort, because, for example, an album released in the same year, but a little earlier than the single, is displayed first (sorting by year in the reverse order  )

The essence of the proposal: replace "by year" with "by date" or add a separate item "by date" (music is converted to "opus", if that may be important).

* The behavior of a black / dark theme on different software

On some devices (Mi 9T PE Q), with the dark theme turned on, the settings menu has a completely black background, while on others (Mi 9T MIUI 11 P, Q), gray.

The essence of the proposal: to come to a unified design style for all types of software (I really want to see a black background on MIUI).

* Useless hiding the status bar in the settings

When the option "hide the status bar" is active, part of the menu items («audio» - «audio info») hide the status bar unnecessarily.

The essence of the proposal: do not hide the status bar in the settings or unnecessarily.

* Select cover art for artists

The Poweramp algorithm, which selects an artist’s cover from an array of albums, is not very obvious.  In addition, unfortunately, the choice can not always be considered successful.

The essence of the proposal: by default, select the image of the last album as the artist’s cover or provide the ability to manually select the cover from the available albums (yes, this can be done by selecting the album cover image file in Explorer, but this is not very convenient and not always possible - sometimes the covers are built-in)

* "All album artist songs" item in album view

A convenient feature, but, in my opinion, overloads the interface (for example, by duplicating the artist’s cover).

The essence of the proposal: to redesign the look (to make it more plain) or move to another place (open by clicking on the cover of the artist, located at the top, where the name of the group / artist and other information is indicated).

* Appearance of lists in the modes: "list - compact" and "list"

Firstly, it seems that the intermediate value is missing.  Let's say the first option is too compact, and the second is too large. Secondly, the lists look a little unsympathetic (exclusively subjective impression), especially noticeable when the track is active, when it is highlighted in the list.  The selection seems to be asymmetrical and not too obvious - perhaps large fillets create such an effect.

The essence of the proposal: add a medium-sized version, and as for the second - look at the attached image - the backlight is asymmetrical and, in my opinion, ugly - as if merging with the background and other elements of the player.

IMG_20200328_131646.jpg

* Listening counter

The player counts the listening immediately after opening the file, which introduces a serious inaccuracy in the data, because even with an active pause, switching over tracks within the same album counts as one playback.

The essence of the proposal: add a threshold (a percentage of the total length, for example), after overcoming which listening will be counted.

Archived