WAV FORMAT IN HIGH-RES AUDIO???

Are you sure. that many applications cannot play High-Res Audio in WAV format.  They can only play in FLAC format 

Like Stellio, for example, play Flac In High-Res Audio format only

Regarding the difference between WAV and FLAC, of course there is a difference.  The QOBUZ website says the most accurate and most accurate audio is found in WAV files

Also note Mr.Andre that the WAV file is 150 MB in 24 BIT 96 KHZ the size of this file is almost halved to 76 MB IN FLAC FORMAT This is due to compression. and the KBPS is in the file in 150 MB 4608 kbps and decreases to 2489 KBPS in FLAC format

You don't have to buy music and don't hear it in the best possible quality Andre 😉😉😉

Poweramp (build 853) supports following WAV PCM formats (number in format means sample bitwidth for s/u, for floats like pcm_f64le it's a bit more complicated):

pcm_s8 pcm_s8_planar pcm_u8 pcm_s16be pcm_s16le pcm_u16be pcm_u16le pcm_s16be_planar pcm_s16le_planar pcm_f16le pcm_f24le pcm_f64le pcm_f64be pcm_s24be pcm_s24daud pcm_s24le pc_s24le_planar pcm_u24be pcm_u24le pcm_s32be pcm_s32le pcm_u32be pcm_u32le pcm_f32be pcm_f32le pcm_s32le_planar pcm_bluray pcm_dvd 

Everything > 16bit or > 48kHz is usually considered hi-res.
Poweramp also supports number of adpcm and other pcm variants, but such tracks are rarely in hi-res definition.

3 hours ago, Ahmad Maaliki said:

I know that.  The important thing is that Poweramp plays High-Res Audio in Wav format?

I apologize for this question and please do not misunderstand it Are you a Poweramp customer or just a person affiliated with the Poweramp Club?

1) Already answered in my original reply, when I said "Are you asking if PA can play 24-bit encoded WAV files? If so then yes". And it can handle PCM bit depths well beyond 24-bit in fact, if you have any source material and reproduction equipment that warrants it.

2) Forum moderator and administrator, and PA user for 10+ years.

Andre

Hello Frankly, the response MAXMP sent was a little complicated.  I will send a picture and please look at the sound information and tell me whether this sound is the original sound or not

I mean with the original sound, meaning that it works completely with PCM and without problems

Screenshot_20200105-154705_Poweramp.jpg

The screenshot you've posted 

Hello Frankly, the response MAXMP sent was a little complicated. 

Well you did ask, as you weren't happy with my rather simpler response "yes". :)

The screenshot you posted shows your source audio file is 24-bit, 96kHz PCM (S24LE encoding, which if you check is mentioned in Max's list above). That particular info line does not indicate what your chosen output method is though (which you can set via Settings > Audio > Output). To see the output info, tap on the metadata line several times to cycle though the various options until you see the headphone output icon (assuming you are using headphones anyway, there's obviously not much point in using a tiny phone speaker in high-res :) ). Look for something like:

image.png

You can also long-press on that same metadata line during playback to get more detailed info about the whole audio path - although you may also find some of it a little over-complicated. 

Andre

1 minute ago, Ahmad Maaliki said:

Well rest assured me my heart, this is what you mean. Look at the information that appeared when you clicked the audio information in the new image

Unless you happen to have any 32bit/384kHz audio files, you might be better to select 24bit/192kHz as your chosen output format. I doubt you'll hear much difference either way though.

Andre

All of them are 24 bits and 96 kHz. I would choose, so 192 kHz

I searched a lot for the meaning of Resampler Cutoff Frequency Ratio and did not understand anything

What do I put on hundred for Resampler Frequency Ratio?

i have chosen SOX RESAMPLER because according to the description it is the best

In order not to bother you a lot with my questions, please tell me about all the modifications that I have to make in order to hear my High-Res music in the best possible quality. Note all my music is in WAV format as you know and 96 kHz and 24 bits and thank you very much I will not bother you again unless something  Very necessary. 

• 2 months later...

Poweramp supports wav files with pcm encoding over 24 bits and more If the phone supports these types of PCM.
I have contacted the customer service of my phone company in order to send me the types of pcm that my phone supports. and for the most part their answer was to have no idea about the types. they sent me just that. "Ultra High Quality Audio Playback
UHQ 32-bit & DSD support PCM: Up to 32 bits
DSD: DSD64/128
*DSD64 and DSD128 playback can be limited depending on the file format"
My question is how will I know that my phone plays wav files on Poweramp with high-res audio?
How will I know that my phone supports these types of PCM supported by Poweramp and how will I know that I listen to my high-res music with the best quality?
How do I know that there are no problems ???
I Use your expertise.  professor Andre

It's a huge waste of space and battery power to actually use WAV instead of FLAC. It's just a container file so it doesn't actually lose any of the Audio. It only compresses the dead space of the file that is not used. Think of a glass of water that is only half full. It basically shrinks the half that is empty so it takes up less space and it does not touch the space that actually has fluid. In this case the water would be the music data and the glass would be the FLAC.

You can download a program called foobar for free, and open your WAV file in there and convert it to 24bit 96kHz flac in a matter of about 1-2 seconds. Because it doesn't actually convert or compress anything, it's compressing empty space. That is why it is "Lossless".

Agreed, FLAC is a much better option than WAV, and is still lossless.

How will I know that my phone supports these types of PCM supported by Poweramp and how will I know that I listen to my high-res music with the best quality?

Longpress on the metadata line (under the track control area) to see the current audio path being used.

However to play devil's advocate for a moment, if your ears can't tell the difference (i.e. blind test) do the technical details really matter?

Andre

Archived