Poweramp auto start when bluetooth connected

Vee

I have Poweramp that was force stopped and did not open it in my phone.

I connect my phone Bluetooth with my car and when it connected Poweramp just auto start the app and play the audio.

I did not ask to do that, I just want to connected the Bluetooth and choose the music player app myself. (because Poweramp did not support single play audio file).

It is already disabled. Almost everything about Bluetooth was disabled.
This never happens before (as I remember, until last week).

I was just reset everything about Poweramp so, I cannot see any command now. I'll try again tomorrow.

==================
10:05:11.830 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON
KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY ACTION_DOWN name=AVRCP source=0x101 virt=false repeat=0 actionTime=598402602 isAvrcp IGNORED isNotButtonPress=false enable_headset_controls=false
==================
10:05:11.833 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON
KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY ACTION_UP name=AVRCP source=0x101 virt=false repeat=0 actionTime=598402633 isAvrcp IGNORED isNotButtonPress=false enable_headset_controls=false

This never happens until ...(I'm not sure the exact date) last week.

I force stopped Poweramp + Full version unlocker. Clear all opened apps.
Connect smart phone with car bluetooth > push on aux button (to switch to bluetooth audio).

What happened before is nothing happen, I can open music player of my choice (which is supported single play one track and end). 👍

What happened now is Poweramp open itself and I have to close it then I can control car audio with my app. 👎 👎 👎

Resume on Bluetooth was disabled but it does not help.

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, NewZed said:

Why has this problem never been addressed? 

It has been addressed multiple times. There are options to control this action in Settings > Headset/Bluetooth.

However sometimes the external headset or car stereo is the culprit, issuing a MEDIA_PLAY (or MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE) event when it connects, which PA responds correctly to. To see if this is the case for you, after this issue occurs take a look at Settings > Headset/Bluetooth > Last Processed Commands and post the results here.

Andre

• 1 year later...

@andrewilley I'm experiencing the same issue as above. Whenever I turn on my car the radio connects vua Bluetooth and automatically opens PA and resumes my last played song. I don't want this. I've read your other forum responses to people with that same issue. I've disabled and renabled all those settings. No change. I'm wondering if the culprit is my stereo unit doing this. You mentuoned the way to find that out was to go to: Settings > Headset/Bluetooth > Last Processed Commands and post the results here.

Here are my results. Please let me know what you think can be done to stop this from occuring....

Many thanks

==================
17:12:11.074 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON
KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY ACTION_DOWN name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=90720466 sourcePak=com.android.bluetooth isAvrcp  flags=0x0 playerState=0
==================
17:12:11.110 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON
KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY ACTION_UP name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=90720502 sourcePak=com.android.bluetooth isAvrcp  flags=0x0 playerState=0
==================
17:12:11.383 PlayerService RESUME
from PSMediaButtonReceiver resumePlaying 
==================
17:12:11.383 PlayerService RESUME
from PSMediaButtonReceiver IGNORED
==================
17:12:17.717 HeadsetPlugReceiver headset event
disconnection BT=false am mode=0 no_keep_notif_on_dscn=false
==================
17:12:18.834 BTReceiver headset event
connection BT=true am mode=0 BOSS 616UAB
==================
17:12:20.640 BTReceiver headset event
disconnection BT=true am mode=0 BOSS 616UAB no_keep_notif_on_dscn=false
==================
17:12:20.869 PlayerService onRoutingChanged
newDevice=speaker oldDevice=bt
==================
17:12:20.869 PlayerService reloadPipeline
 allowPlaying=true forceResume=false state after reload=1
==================
17:12:23.044 PlayerService TOGGLE_PLAY_PAUSE
from NotificationHelperViaBuilder pausePlaying 
==================
17:12:24.439 PlayerService STOP_SERVICE
from NotificationHelperViaBuilder 
==================
17:16:07.849 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON
KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY ACTION_DOWN name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=90957230 sourcePak=com.android.bluetooth isAvrcp  flags=0x0 playerState=2
==================
17:16:07.881 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON
KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY ACTION_UP name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=90957273 sourcePak=com.android.bluetooth isAvrcp  flags=0x0 playerState=2
==================
17:16:08.165 PlayerService RESUME
from PSMediaButtonReceiver resumePlaying 
==================
17:16:08.165 PlayerService RESUME
from PSMediaButtonReceiver IGNORED
==================
17:16:15.306 BTReceiver headset event
connection BT=true am mode=0 BOSS 616UAB
==================
17:16:16.979 PlayerService TOGGLE_PLAY_PAUSE
from NotificationHelperViaBuilder pausePlaying 
==================
17:16:17.668 PlayerService STOP_SERVICE
from NotificationHelperViaBuilder 
==================
17:16:49.645 HeadsetPlugReceiver headset event
disconnection BT=false am mode=0 no_keep_notif_on_dscn=false
==================
17:17:00.407 BTReceiver headset event
disconnection BT=true am mode=0 BOSS 616UAB no_keep_notif_on_dscn=false

There seem to be a lot of events occurring during connection which @maxmp would be able to diagnose better then me, but could you confirm that you did not press the Play button at the following point, as the log is saying that PA received a Play comment from the Bluetooth device:

17:16:07.849 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON
KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY ACTION_DOWN name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=90957230 sourcePak=com.android.bluetooth isAvrcp  flags=0x0 playerState=2
==================
17:16:07.881 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON
KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY ACTION_UP name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=90957273 sourcePak=com.android.bluetooth isAvrcp  flags=0x0 playerState=2

Andre

I've found the culprit that caused the same issue with me. It was Poweramp Equalizer app which had the same setting turned on.

I just turned it off and now everything is normal.

Although, I don't see the same app as the culprit in the log posted above by others.

On 2/23/2022 at 2:25 AM, krazzyvishal said:

I've found the culprit that caused the same issue with me. It was Poweramp Equalizer app which had the same setting turned on.

I'd been wondering why my Android Auto system had recently started exhibiting this auto-starting issue too, and when I checked the commands log I noticed a MEDIA_PLAY button event was being issued about 15 seconds after everything else had connected, but it was assigned from com.maxmpz.equalizer :

18:28:55.062 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON
KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY ACTION_DOWN name=Virtual source=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=182391645 sourcePak=com.maxmpz.equalizer flags=0x540 playerState=2
==================
18:28:55.075 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON
KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY ACTION_UP name=Virtual source=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=182391648 sourcePak=com.maxmpz.equalizer flags=0x540 playerState=2

I checked the stand-alone PA-EQ app, and it had indeed activated this feature for some reason - and the fact that the main EQ functionality is disabled does not seem to prevent the auto-play mode from triggering. If this has started affecting anyone else, go into the Poweramp Equalizer app and in Settings > Utils you should turn OFF these top two items:

image.png

Andre