Huawei fails to install skins

flyingdutchman

There have been reports from Huawei users that the new skins for Poweramp V3 do not install. However there have also been reports that some skins do install.

I have looked into this and have found the following:

the stacktrace when installing shows that a piece of code ShortcutInfo fails with a null ponter exception. On the developers website it states

Requires API level 25 (Android 7.1.1, Nougat)

so this should in fact mean that installs fail for Huawei devices with less than android 7.1.1 and should be successfull for 7.1.1 and above

One of my skin users reported that it installs fine on a Huawei android V8.

Can those forum users who have this Huawei problem perhaps enter their Huawei model and android version? This may confirm my theory

Now that I hve access to a Huwaei avd I can see the stacktrace when install fails.

It appears to be looking for some Resource ID #0x80060054 which does not exist in my app. It appears to be when it is trying to launch the activity, even before onCreate() in the activity

In the manifest I have:

<meta-data android:name="com.maxmpz.Powerampkins"
    android:resource="@xml/skins"
    />
<activity android:name=".launch_activity">
    <intent-filter>
        <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
        <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
    </intent-filter>
</activity>

where the meta data is passed to the parent, in this case Poweramp i guess.

Process: skins.v3.Poweramp.yaps, PID: 3928
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{skins.v3.Poweramp.yaps/skins.v3.Poweramp.yaps.activity}: android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: Resource ID #0x80060054
        at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2793)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2864)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap12(ActivityThread.java)
        at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1567)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:105)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:156)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6523)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:941)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:831)
     Caused by: android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: Resource ID #0x80060054
        at android.content.res.ResourcesImpl.getValue(ResourcesImpl.java:255)
        at android.content.res.Resources.getValue(Resources.java:1353)
        at androidx.appcompat.widget.AppCompatDrawableManager.createDrawableIfNeeded(AppCompatDrawableManager.java:235)
        at androidx.appcompat.widget.AppCompatDrawableManager.getDrawable(AppCompatDrawableManager.java:200)
        at androidx.appcompat.widget.AppCompatDrawableManager.getDrawable(AppCompatDrawableManager.java:191)
        at androidx.appcompat.widget.AppCompatDrawableManager.checkVectorDrawableSetup(AppCompatDrawableManager.java:753)
        at androidx.appcompat.widget.AppCompatDrawableManager.getDrawable(AppCompatDrawableManager.java:196)
        at androidx.appcompat.widget.TintTypedArray.getDrawableIfKnown(TintTypedArray.java:86)
        at androidx.appcompat.app.AppCompatDelegateImpl.<init>(AppCompatDelegateImpl.java:260)
        at androidx.appcompat.app.AppCompatDelegate.create(AppCompatDelegate.java:182)
        at androidx.appcompat.app.AppCompatActivity.getDelegate(AppCompatActivity.java:520)
        at androidx.appcompat.app.AppCompatActivity.onCreate(AppCompatActivity.java:71)
        at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:6910)
        at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1123)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2746)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:941) 
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:831) 

Anyone with any thoughts?

@maxmp  I create a new package with only minimal changes. Added he <metadata> tag in Manifest.xml. and 

aaptOptions {
    additionalParameters "--package-id", "0x80", "-I", "F:\\Android\\Android\\APK\\Poweramp\\Poweramp-v3-build-820-uni.apk"
}

into build.gradule (Module)

Reason why the skins do not install on Huawei Android 7 is because of the aapt options.

With the options, install fails as shown in the post above

Remove the option and install is successful.

AAPT1.PNG

AAPT2.PNG

3 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

@maxmp  I create a new package with only minimal changes. Added he <metadata> tag in Manifest.xml. and 

aaptOptions {
    additionalParameters "--package-id", "0x80", "-I", "F:\\Android\\Android\\APK\\Poweramp\\Poweramp-v3-build-820-uni.apk"
}

into build.gradule (Module)

Reason why the skins do not install on Huawei Android 7 is because of the aapt options.

With the options, install fails as shown in the post above

Remove the option and install is successful.

AAPT1.PNG

AAPT2.PNG

Hi, the problem has been resolved

25 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

No, not resolved, only identified.

I was hoping max could give his view on this. In the meantime i can experiment with the aapt options

It's great that you find the program's problem. Hopefully this problem will finally be solved. thank you

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Stacktracewhen instaling on Huawei P9 Plus, 

Android Version: 7.0
Resolution: 1080*1920
EMUI Version: 5.0.1
Model: P9 Plus

2019-04-25 08:57:21.354 6861-3300/? E/IcingInternalCorpora: Resource not found: -2146697215 in skins.v3.Poweramp.apowerampskin
2019-04-25 08:57:21.413 6861-11586/? E/GmscoreIpa: Resource not found: -2146697215 in skins.v3.Poweramp.apowerampskin
2019-04-25 08:57:22.061 29446-29446/? E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main
    Process: skins.v3.Poweramp.apowerampskin, PID: 29446
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{skins.v3.Poweramp.apowerampskin/skins.v3.Poweramp.apowerampskin.MainActivity}: android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: Resource ID #0x80070054
        at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2793)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:942)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:832)
     Caused by: android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: Resource ID #0x80070054
        at android.content.res.ResourcesImpl.getValue(ResourcesImpl.java:255)
        at android.content.res.Resources.getValue(Resources.java:1353)
        at androidx.appcompat.widget.AppCompatDrawableManager.createDrawableIfNeeded(AppCompatDrawableManager.java:235)
        at androidx.appcompat.widget.AppCompatDrawableManager.getDrawable(AppCompatDrawableManager.java:200)
        at androidx.appcompat.widget.AppCompatDrawableManager.getDrawable(AppCompatDrawableManager.java:191)
        at androidx.appcompat.widget.AppCompatDrawableManager.checkVectorDrawableSetup(AppCompatDrawableManager.java:753)
        at androidx.appcompat.widget.AppCompatDrawableManager.getDrawable(AppCompatDrawableManager.java:196)
        at androidx.appcompat.widget.TintTypedArray.getDrawableIfKnown(TintTypedArray.java:86)
        at androidx.appcompat.app.AppCompatDelegateImpl.<init>(AppCompatDelegateImpl.java:260)
        at androidx.appcompat.app.AppCompatDelegate.create(AppCompatDelegate.java:182)
        at androidx.appcompat.app.AppCompatActivity.getDelegate(AppCompatActivity.java:520)
        at androidx.appcompat.app.AppCompatActivity.onCreate(AppCompatActivity.java:71)
        at skins.v3.Poweramp.apowerampskin.MainActivity.onCreate(MainActivity.java:19)
        at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:6910)
        at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1123)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2746)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:942) 
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:832) 
2019-04-25 08:57:22.580 6861-26550/? E/IcingInternalCorpora: Resource not found: -2146697215 in skins.v3.Poweramp.apowerampskin

Archived