Sound in Spotify cuts out completely after a split second when using the PA EQ

carrystone
Go to solution Solved by carrystone,

Hi!

I'm using Pixel 7 on Android 14 and have the issue stated in the title. When I press pause and play the same thing is happening: there is a sound for a split second and then it stops, but Spotify keeps on playing, just without any sound being produced. It does not matter whether I use the phone's speaker, external DAC, or a bluetooth device.

I tried toggling on/off each of the settings in Known Players -> Spotify, as well as the general DVC toggle and Advanced Player Tracking and unrestricting battery usage setting for both apps.

The issue does not occur in other apps (YT, YT Music, Firefox).

I will be grateful for any help, as I mostly listen to music on Spotify.

Cheers!

@carrystone the issue can't be reproduced with Spotify 8.8.88.397  and Poweramp Equalizer build-974 (running without Advanced Player Tracking on the default settings - for Equalizer settings means what you change in the Settings, not the equalizer/bands/tone settings). If your versions are lower, please update.

If phone reboot doesn't help, them most probably something is not on the default setting, e.g. try to restore Equalizer / Known Players to defaults.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply!

I'm also on these versions. Unfortunately resetting both apps to default settings (clearing storage) didn't solve the issue.

At one point, however, I managed to keep Spotify play sound continously: the volume was very low, but I was able to fiddle with PA EQ settings, and it was playing until I pressed pause/play. Then the usual thing started happening again. This was random, not caused by any particular setting, it happened after one of several resets to default settings and I failed to reproduce it again.

I don't know if this can be of any help, but I attached an exported log file, just in case.

pa eq log.txt

• 2 months later...
On 11/20/2023 at 1:37 PM, carrystone said:

Thanks for the reply!

I'm also on these versions. Unfortunately resetting both apps to default settings (clearing storage) didn't solve the issue.

At one point, however, I managed to keep Spotify play sound continously: the volume was very low, but I was able to fiddle with PA EQ settings, and it was playing until I pressed pause/play. Then the usual thing started happening again. This was random, not caused by any particular setting, it happened after one of several resets to default settings and I failed to reproduce it again.

I don't know if this can be of any help, but I attached an exported log file, just in case.

pa eq log.txt 9.19 kB · 1 download

Are you using Wavelet or another EQing app as well, by any chance? I've been monitoring this thread for a while because I've had the same problem. I haven't found a solution to reliably EQ Spotify specifically, but I had to make sure ALL equalizer apps - in my case Poweramp and Wavelet - were ignoring Spotify to get the audio to stream like normal. No other apps (Youtube, Patreon, ReVanced etc) have had a problem with either EQ app.

• 2 months later...
  • Solution

Hi,

posting just to say that about 3 weeks ago I tried Poweramp again and it was working flawlessly. Not sure what did it, must have been either Poweramp or Android update. Immediately bought the app.

Cheers!