Missing Songs and Searchbar bug.

ReeceS269

1) See threads such as https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/15525-missing-files/ for discussion on why this seems to happen to some people. Mostly it's mis-tagged files, or sometimes a lot of songs that are not actual files but are built up using CUE files. You'd need to post more info on what is missing (file types, name details, tag info, and where from) for anyone to be able to help though.

2) Known bug, hopefully Max will be able to deal with that one in a future release.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

1) See threads such as https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/15525-missing-files/ for discussion on why this seems to happen to some people. Mostly it's mis-tagged files, or sometimes a lot of songs that are not actual files but are built up using CUE files. You'd need to post more info on what is missing (file types, name details, tag info, and where from) for anyone to be able to help though.

2) Known bug, hopefully Max will be able to deal with that one in a future release.

Andre

I'm guessing it's to do with some of them being.aac? I don't know what's missing (I have so many songs it's hard to keep track of what's not there) but I know some of them are .aac. I have it set to "don't ignore - include all" but that doesn't seem to help. I can't go through 600+ songs are re-tag them, it'll take hours.

12 hours ago, ReeceS269 said:

I can't go through 600+ songs are re-tag them, it'll take hours.

AAC tagging is very likely the culprit. If you could find a couple of files that don't get scanned and post them somewhere for testing, that'd be great (maybe if there is another similar file in the same folder that scans OK, you could post that too for comparison?). If you do find one, it's worth trying to launch one of those 'missing' songs files into PA directly from a file explorer app (thus bypassing the Library system) and see what PA shows for the tag info. 

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

AAC tagging is very likely the culprit. If you could find a couple of files that don't get scanned and post them somewhere for testing, that'd be great (maybe if there is another similar file in the same folder that scans OK, you could post that too for comparison?). If you do find one, it's worth trying to launch one of those 'missing' songs files into PA directly from a file explorer app (thus bypassing the Library system) and see what PA shows for the tag info. 

Andre

Thanks. I'll be sure to give it a try later.

6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Andre

I've narrowed it down to 246 songs, but I don't know what ones are missing or why.

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce that (at least I need a bit more details - device + Android version).

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Android 8.0.0

What happens is, when I got to search for example "Beastie Boys" the space will often be removed upon pressing it and it'd say instead "BeastieBoys". So you have to press the space bar again. It only seems to happen on the search function.

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce that (at least I need a bit more details - device + Android version).

I've seen it happen on my Note 3 with a 6.0.1 ROM. When typing in the search bar, if you type a space after a word but don't immediately type any more characters, the space gets removed after a few seconds.

Andre

Archived