Missing files...

Al.Biss

There is a problem with V3 Scan Engine. Some files are not displayed and thus can't be played.
V2 is flawless, all files are there.

The files in question are English vocabulary, named: a1 words, a2 reading, b1words ,b2 reading... 30a words, 30b reading.
60 files per folder,  6 different folders. The missing files are different for each folder.

I use these files everyday, so until V3 Scan Engine is corrected I cannot use this version and have to revert to V2. :(

* On the side I would like to say that the new interface is kind of cool and I got used to it pretty quickly but it would be nice if we had a choice to use the V2 interface with the V3 Engine. Not a problem, just saying. :)

Screenshot_20181121-091029.png

Hi Andre, and thanks for the fast reply. :)

The tagging was already to 2sec or lower. As for the misreading I don't know what can be done. Could renaming the files do the trick?

I've re-encoded 1 folder from aac to mp3 and all files are showing. So for now I know what I have to do to correct the issue.
But I hope something can be done about this problem other than me having to re-encode every single aac file I have. :/

But I would like to ask:
Since the Scan Engine in V2 is flawless, why couldn't it be used in V3?
Does the Scan Engine in V3 bring any advantages over the one used in V2?

*Just to mention, every time I try to login I get an error stating 'wrong password'. I have to reset it each time. I'm using Keepass and re-use the same password so I know it is correctly entered . Any idea why I have this problem?

1 hour ago, Al.Biss said:

I've re-encoded 1 folder from aac to mp3 and all files are showing. So for now I know what I have to do to correct the issue.
*Just to mention, every time I try to login I get an error stating 'wrong password'. I have to reset it each time. I'm using Keepass and re-use the same password so I know it is correctly entered . Any idea why I have this problem?

Could you upload one of the files that does not scan into PA so Max can have a look at it. Thanks.

PM me and I'll reset your forum password for you, which should solve your problem.

Andre

Hi Andre,

I was able to reset my password today, and wisely changed it. I'll see if it is working next time I login.

The attached file was re-encoded because the original was bigger than 450KB.
*I tried sending 2 files this morning (one showing and one not showing) via Gmail but received an error message a few minutes ago, so I guess you didn't received them.

Anyway, if you need any other info please let me know.

Thanks!
Al

Unit 01b - Reading_001.aac

9 hours ago, Al.Biss said:

The attached file was re-encoded because the original was bigger than 450KB.
*I tried sending 2 files this morning (one showing and one not showing) via Gmail but received an error message a few minutes ago, so I guess you didn't received them.

That file appears to have no tags at all, and PA's scanner is detecting it as 1 second long. Please turn off the Ignore Short Tracks system completely, as even the shortest 2-second value will prevent this sort of badly-tagged item from showing up (you may need to scroll up the list of values, as 'Include All' is above the 2 seconds setting and sometimes not shown when you first view the menu).

Andre

Hi Martin,

Just suggesting, did you get to Settings - Library - Ignore Short Tracks...
Then you make sure to see this choice: Don't ignore - include all

As stated by andrewilley:

(you may need to scroll up the list of values, as 'Include All' is above the 2 seconds setting and sometimes not shown when you first view the menu)

Hope it helps! :)
Al

On 11/23/2018 at 12:00 PM, maxmp said:

This was changed in build-810, now any files without actual duration specified will get -:-- time and will not considered as 1 sec file - thus appearing in the library.

I tested with new version build-810 and when choosing 2sec or less I again won't see some of my files. (i.e. those aac without a proper tag)
Everything is fine when choosing the option: Don't ignore - Include All. But that option isn't always visible without having to scroll.

My suggestion would be to make the window that popup a little bigger, so one can see all options without having to 'figure out' it can be scrolled.

Thanks again for the help, I like Poweramp V3 very much! :)

P.S. By the way, I figured out the problem I was having with the login, I stopped using my email address and started using my username. Since then I've had no problem logging in. :)

• 2 weeks later...

20181210_200305.thumb.jpg.6561e032d77773ce6dc26782bbc00560.jpghello on my note 8 exynos some flac album songs are missing from the playlist. even when viewing from folder list. i uninstalled the app reinstalled, still the same set of songs are missing. i hope this is a bug that can be fixed by an update. i'm using the latest 812 update. attached is a s screenshot of the playlist. 

19 minutes ago, va9rant said:

20181210_200305.thumb.jpg.6561e032d77773ce6dc26782bbc00560.jpghello on my note 8 exynos some flac album songs are missing from the playlist. even when viewing from folder list. i uninstalled the app reinstalled, still the same set of songs are missing. i hope this is a bug that can be fixed by an update. i'm using the latest 812 update. attached is a s screenshot of the playlist. 

19 minutes ago, va9rant said:

but when I reinstalled v2 the problem goes away.

Screenshot_20181210-195723_Poweramp.jpg

Hi,

If both solutions are not getting your files to be recognized, I guess a dev will try to help you then.

If you don't get any input from them in this thread, I suggest you start a new one.

Do include some info like:
- what are the files in question (.extension)
- a screenshot (a picture is worth a thousand words:)

Archived