Lists should be lists - not a slide show

vAmp

I do agree that a simple small-text-only list format would be a useful option.

For example, I have quite a few theme park background music tracks in one folder, none of which have any associated artwork or ID3 tags, but they do tend to have fairly long and descriptive titles that I need to see in full as the first few words are often similar (e.g. I have a lot named using the format "Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom - <Land_name> - <Attraction_name>.mp3" where the first 50+ characters might be the same for multiple files, and only the last couple of words of the actual attraction name will be different. At the moment, they all look the same if i view them in Poweramp).

I think I may be close to unique in this usage of course, but others might have similar needs. :) 

Andre

In Poweramp v2 I had very compact (text only) lists -  of artists (bands, groups, singer whatever) for instance. Every name in a line, one line directly beneath the former. In a few seconds I could scroll with my right thumb through an alphabetical list of 400 names.

Now - because of the mini album cover - every name has a distance of exactly 2,5 cm from the next. Where before I could see 30 to 40 names on the screen at once I now detect only 5.

I am focused on the names of the group in this case. If I am seeking an album I'd like to see the cover. This is something else. So please: give as options! Let the users choose, if s/he wants names (only text) or album covers (picture plus album title).

28 minutes ago, vAmp said:

Screenshot_20181212-101246_Poweramp.thumb.jpg.e23bdbee2ec6e1467140602d18615314.jpg

That's the next screen I see after I tapped on "Alberta Cross". Completely ludicrous.

Then change the view style, there at least six or seven to choose from.

Tablet viewing is not especially optimised for large screens yet by the way, it really just treats the screen as a scaled up phone.

Andre

14 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Then change the view style, there at least six or seven to choose from.

Tablet viewing is not especially optimised for large screens yet by the way, it really just treats the screen as a scaled up phone.

Andre

It is not a tablet, it's a mobile phone from Samsung.

To the 2nd screen: I tried all the options (at least I think so). A hint would be appriciated. 

What I want is: select "Artist" and see a list of his / her albums (neatly sorted from old to recent) then tap on a specific album (cover) and this should be played from 1st song to the last.

Too much requested? I think no. I had it once. With a great app called "Poweramp".

Archived