How to go back to V2?

PhiloVance

1 hour ago, PhiloVance said:

Thanks, djdarko. I just find V3 bass-heavy and mid-range is absent.

There is a powerful EQ option to allow you to adjust the sound, and also you might want to try high-res output and see if that suits your listening tastes better. However, as has been said, you can stick with v2 for as long as you like (Android ROM updates allowing anyway)

Andre

45 minutes ago, Xander2017 said:

I am backing up music now .. 85 Gbs, so will take a while.

I will install file manager app while I wait.

Thanks for help.

So, this was my question too. I really cannot stand the new interface...it seems like there were a lot of things that were not broken, but they were fixed anyway. I cannot believe how much time I've wasted tonight for no reason whatsoever to try and get the interface back to something I can actually use.

Meanwhile all my old skins don't work. in grayed out letters it says that the skins have to be updated, but there doesn't seem to be any way to update them. There is nothing to click. There are no instructions. Nothing appears in play store. Honestly....

I am really distressed to see that there is no easy way to revert back to version 2. no way am I going to rebuild databases and whatnot. So I guess I'm stuck with this mess. 

I just cannot say how annoying this is. I get nothing out of this update. I wasted a lot of time. I am apparently continuing to do so.

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Download the APK file to your phone, then install it from a file manager app (not from your web browser).

Andre

I have previous version working now. I just need to re-learn how to clean up main screen. I can't seem to remember how to get rid of repeat all and 5 stars from below album artwork.

Thanks so much for the help.

Edit: Got rid of 5 stars repeat all etc.

8 hours ago, monsieurms said:

it seems like there were a lot of things that were not broken, but they were fixed anyway.

Meanwhile all my old skins don't work. in grayed out letters it says that the skins have to be updated, but there doesn't seem to be any way to update them.

The user interface update to a Material Design style was the single most requested change to the app (by a seriously large margin in fact) when a poll was put up a few years ago, see https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/8534-next-builds-priorities/, so obviously quite a lot of people did consider it broken - or at least dated. Personally I was always happy with the old one too, it was very functional and simple to use, but hey that's progress for you, everything changes. However after my initial "who moved my cheese?!" phase, and with a bit of tweaking and skinning to fit in with the way I like to work and regular updates from the dev, I'm actually finding it really nice now, and easier to use than the old version.

Old v2 skins were designed to modify the content of the v2 interface, and so can not work with the new Material Design layout and elements as v3 features a completely new user interface. It's like buying a new car and expecting your old custom-designed floormats and spoiler to fit.

It's up to third-party devs as to whether they want to recreate their existing skins for v3 now (it will never be a "click to update" feature) but there are already a number of new skins starting to appear. It will take a little while obviously, as external devs learn the new features and toolkit. The skin I'm using at the moment is https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/15556-free-poweramp-v3-skin-default-dark/ if you want to give it a try.

Andre

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

It's up to third-party devs as to whether they want to recreate their existing skins for v3 now (it will never be a "click to update" feature) but there are already a number of new skins starting to appear. It will take a little while obviously, as external devs learn the new features and toolkit. The skin I'm using at the moment is https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/15556-free-Poweramp-v3-skin-default-dark/ if you want to give it a try.

Andre

Thanks, but it was the dark that I was particularly trying to avoid (although I like the light even less...) I was using an aluminum style skin.  Thanks for the tip, but if  you have an aluminum one...

I guess I'll get used to it eventually, but I wasted a lot of time last night and I honestly still don't see what advantage I got for that.

Archived