Playlist art bug?

MegasXLR

Hey, I already tried to explain this but now I figured out it's actually the playlist image art that's bugged. What I mean by this is that the playlist image isn't the one from inside the folder in which the m3u file is but it's taken from a song of the playlist. Won't it be better to always prefer images within the playlist directory over showing an image from one of the songs?

Yes, currently some track cover is selected (that can be actually resolved to embedded image (prefered) or to in-folder, or downloaded, or selected by user, etc. image).

The problem with album art resolution changes that on any change it modifies other users images and upsets them, and it's already very complicated. Playlists are in same folder for many users, this will immediately show same album art for all file based playlists, if implemented. So it will require option, or otherwise complicated method of album art resolution configuration.

29 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Yes, currently some track cover is selected (that can be actually resolved to embedded image (prefered) or to in-folder, or downloaded, or selected by user, etc. image).

The problem with album art resolution changes that on any change it modifies other users images and upsets them, and it's already very complicated. Playlists are in same folder for many users, this will immediately show same album art for all file based playlists, if implemented. So it will require option, or otherwise complicated method of album art resolution configuration.

I have albums with their playlist files in different folders so it would be a nice option to force the in-folder image to be selected. Would be glad if a future build has it as I'm used to it from the v2 days :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2018 at 8:31 PM, maxmp said:

I also would love to change the playlist artwork.

I think a neat solution would be that the artworks needs to have the same name as the playlist. That way multiple playlists in the same folder are not an issue - and if there's no image found the current method of selecting an artwork is applied. That way no one should get upset 🙂

Btw. this is my first post since v3 release - so I would like to thank you for all the effort put into v3. I love all the changes so far, keep up the great work!

Archived