Poweramp got updated, is there a way to go back to v2?

Impaler

Hi, it was more than two years since I removed myself from being a tester so I could remain headache free on V2 of the player. And today all of the sudden I see that the Poweramp got updated to v3. I really got anothing against that version but Im really used to the older version and it suits me perfectly.

So is there a way to get back to the v2 version and stay there?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think it's awesome.  I find it to be a big problem.  I had v2 setup the way I wanted it.  Now you say the only way to go back is to delete v3 and reinstall v2????  Gee all I have to do is set up playlists for 20,000 songs again.  Simple. 

The v3 interface is clunky and will require a lot of time, that I don't want to spend, learning a new version.  You should ASK before forcing an update.

2 hours ago, Shootr said:

I don't think it's awesome.  I find it to be a big problem.  I had v2 setup the way I wanted it.  Now you say the only way to go back is to delete v3 and reinstall v2????  Gee all I have to do is set up playlists for 20,000 songs again.  Simple. 

The v3 interface is clunky and will require a lot of time, that I don't want to spend, learning a new version.  You should ASK before forcing an update.

I feel sorry for you, but please give it an hour max of your time, you will love the new version. Its not that complicated really. Just different looking.

I've already given it at least an hour which is more time than I wanted to spend.  Also I tried exporting playlists when I was transferring to a new phone in v2.  Didn't work.  I was a software consultant for about 20 years.  I know clunky when I see it.  I have to repeatedly enter options.  Half the time navigation doesn't work right.  I spent at least 45 minutes just trying to get new songs to show up on my wife's phone.  I had to figure out why it wasn't finding them when I selected recently added.  Don't try to tell me the new version is great.  I already said that wasn't my opinion.  I do NOT love it.

3 hours ago, Shootr said:

Now you say the only way to go back is to delete v3 and reinstall v2???? 

Yes. That's pretty standard when rolling back to older versions of software. Database formats are often updated for new features, so older versions of the software will not be able to understand newer databases. 

Exporting all of your internally-created playlists first is a one-time action, just go to Settings > Library > Export Poweramp Playlists and they will all be saved into your device's Playlists folder (internal storage). Once you have rolled back to v2, you may need to copy them over to a location that you have set up for PA to be allowed to scan (for example your SD Card). No need to import them, the scanner will find and rebuild them for you.

Andre

I know where the setting is.  It DID NOT WORK  the last time I tried it.  I spent the better part of a week reloading playlists.  Sheeze the fan boys don't seem to be able to read here.  I'm done.  I said what I wanted to say.  Clean your glasses and read my post again if you want my opinion.

Archived