This mp3 file dont work with Poweramp

eddie_the_man

1 hour ago, eddie_the_man said:

Hi!

So this file doesn't work with Poweramp.. Other files in the same folder/album work as usual.. kind of strange.. and yes the folder is ticked/selected!! Can you try it for yourself? What was the result. Thanks

01 - Heading Out To The Highway.mp3

Yes, I did try it, and I can't see anything wrong with the MP3 file itself - it's a LAME encode and it plays fine everywhere else, and even in PA when launched from a file explorer.

However you are right that the latest PA builds do not add it to the library when doing a scan (even a Full Rescan) in an otherwise working folder location. Renaming it to something simpler does not help either.

@maxmp , one for you to look into I think.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Yes, I did try it, and I can't see anything wrong with the MP3 file itself - it's a LAME encode and it plays fine everywhere else, and even in PA when launched from a file explorer.

However you are right that the latest PA builds do not add it to the library when doing a scan (even a Full Rescan) in an otherwise working folder location. Renaming it to something simpler does not help either.

@maxmp , one for you to look into I think.

Andre

exactly... very weird... the file its prety normal, works everywhere.. but Poweramp scan dont read it. :)  good bug for the developer figure out.

I've been facing this problem with WavePack (.wv) files. But it's not with all of them. For example I have some albums that works nicely (some on individual tracks and some that uses a .cue file), and some that Poweramp does not add to it's database. If I play it from a file manager, it works until I press the back button (the player refresh and I get back to the screen with the music that was playing before I externally open the wv file)...

Sending a example picture of a file that doesn't appear on the player library but it works when I open it by the file manager. The file has all the tags correctly filled (but I also tried without any tags at all). I also tried making a .cue based file with some that is not added to the player library and also didn't worked. Tried also making it with different programs and with different compression settings, also didn't worked. This particular file was generated from a 11.2mhz DSF file.

LG G7 ThinQ, Stock LG UI ROM, Android 8.0.0

• 2 weeks later...

Archived