Play All Albums...

MortTheBeast

In past versions I could simply go to Artists and Long Press it and hit Play and all albums from that artist would play, now it seems I have to create a Queue and then hit play and then go to Queue and remove from Queue to then add another artist. Am I missing some setting somewhere to make life easier or do I now have to keep jumping through all these extra hoops? Cause this seems ridicules to go from 2 steps to then  4 steps to do the same thing.

Just tap on the artist name to see all their albums and then press the Play icon near the top of the screen. Or drill down another level to one specific album and press its Play button if you want. Or tap on an individual track to start with a specific song.

The long-press function in any of the library views now takes you into multi-select mode, which is a more logical way to get there than the previous method.

Andre

6 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Just tap on the artist name to see all their albums and then press the Play icon near the top of the screen. Or drill down another level to one specific album and press its Play button if you want. Or tap on an individual track to start with a specific song.

The long-press function in any of the library views now takes you into multi-select mode, which is a more logical way to get there than the previous method.

Andre

That's the problem... when I tap an Artist and see all their albums, I assumed it only made sense that pressing the play button up above them would play all the albums... but it only plays the first album in the list. I'm hoping it's just a broken function, because I would hate to be stuck with something that makes a simple function into an over complicated one lol

It plays all of an artist's albums for me. You do have 'Jump to Next List' (which used to be called 'Advance List' before) enabled as your Repeat mode don't you?

[By the way @maxmp , in the Shuttle settings the word "Category" is used, whereas in the Repeat settings "List" is still used. This ought to be consistent as one word or the other throughout the whole app. I do agree that "List" was probably the wrong term from the start anyway, as a lot of users confused that with "Playlist" which has a more specific meaning] 

Andre

4 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

It plays all of an artist's albums for me. You do have 'Jump to Next List' (which used to be called 'Advance List' before) enabled as your Repeat mode don't you?

Andre

In the past I never had to enable anything... just long pressed and boom... all albums played. And I have no idea what Jump to Next List is and I don't have or even know where a Repeat mode is. I should be able to just press that play button and that's it.... aside from that I'm lost.

12 minutes ago, MortTheBeast said:

In the past I never had to enable anything... just long pressed and boom... all albums played. And I have no idea what Jump to Next List is and I don't have or even know where a Repeat mode is. I should be able to just press that play button and that's it.... aside from that I'm lost.

This button:

494218946_nestlist.thumb.jpg.9cef374d8ddf1f25e60bded159aba7fa.jpg

'Repeat' mode is the second button from the right (next to Shuffle) beneath the album art on the player screen. The display wording has changed a bit, but it can be set to:

• Jump to First Song in List [was Repeat List]
  • Jump to Next List [was Advance List]
  • Repeat Selected Song [was Repeat Song]
  • Stop on Last Song in List [was Repeat Off]

'List' in means the general grouping level that is currently playing - such as next Album, next Folder, next Genre, etc. So in this case, at the end of a list you want to advance to the next one. 

Andre

10 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

'Repeat' mode is the second button from the right (next to Shuffle) beneath the album art on the player screen. The display wording has changed a bit, but it can be set to:

• Jump to First Song in List [was Repeat List]
  • Jump to Next List [was Advance List]
  • Repeat Selected Song [was Repeat Song]
  • Stop on Last Song in List [was Repeat Off]

'List' in means the general grouping level that is currently playing - such as next Album, next Folder, next Genre, etc. So in this case, at the end of a list you want to advance to the next one. 

Andre

So are you saying I need to create a list just for this too work? I hope not, cause I can't sit and make a list of 100's of artists lol. If not though... I have tried every option you suggested and still only plays that first album. But again I have to say, that I shouldn't even have to make any adjustments to settings... there should be a simple straightforward means of playing an entire album like the long press in the past which required no setting changes... just long press and worked.

22 minutes ago, MortTheBeast said:

So are you saying I need to create a list just for this too work? 

No, that would be a Playlist, which as I said earlier is different from PA's specific use of the word 'List'. List here simply means the current Library category group that is playing, be that a Folder, an Album, a Genre etc. 'Advance List' should be the default setting, as otherwise PA will always stop at the end of the current list of songs (i.e. at the end of an album or folder, or whatever category you have chosen to play in).

Andre

Well.... I hope I'm not the only one with this issue or I'm screwed. The only options that actually works properly where pressing play, plays everything within the category... is All Songs and Recently Added (Though Recently seems more like All songs... not sure how far back it looks)

Just now, andrewilley said:

It would need to be a long, wide swipe for album change, further than for a track change.

Andre

True, I'm just curious what's going on with his albums that they won't list jump correctly. Also, I've been wondering why Max added that resistance for album changing, and if you swipe back to the previous album it goes to track 1 instead of the last track (actual previous track.) Seems kinda weird, possibly just un-finalized design.

Archived