Please mention metadata support on the website

dandv

I'm a power user and I've been looking for a full-featured app to play MP3s on Android (on Windows and Linux I use fooba2000). One key feature I care about is support for ID3v2 tags. Looking through the forum, it appears Poweramp does support them, but there's nothing about ID3 or ID3v2 tags or any kind of metadata support on the website, not even on the Features page, and noting on Google Play either.

Please add details about ID3v2 support to Google Play and the Features page (and maybe even to Key Features), not just for SEO, but for people like me who seek this feature specifically while looking trying to pick one of the tens of music playing apps for Android.

What do you mean by "support for metadata" in this case? I can't think of many Android audio players that don't support at least basic displaying of ID3 tags (at least up to v2.3 anyway) for such things as Song Title, Album Title, Artist, cover art, etc. Poweramp possibly provides more options than most though, including some tag-editing features (and Album Artist has recently been added to the alpha-test builds of Poweramp v3) but what specific features are you looking for? I would have thought the screenshots on the features pages fairly clearly show tags are supported.

Andre

Archived