Let's SHARE!

• 5 weeks later...

Asked for this in Google Play review years ago. Please add this feature in 3.0

Something like "I'm listening to *song* by *artist* from *album* with Poweramp" would be great. Possibility to change the default text would be nice too. Beside social media, messaging apps should also be available as sharing option.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

:huh: I share with Poweramp and always have. It's not on every menu but it's available. Thats the problem I have with Poweramp.  Too many menus with no consistency as to availability on them. One menu setting will have something but the others won't making us have to search for it. Every menu should have all the options. Share, I think, can be found by long pressing the song while in a playlist which offers messenger and other share options while search allows post to facebook via YouTube and other options. I have 2 players, this one and playerpro and both offer share. I prefer sharing to Drop Box cuz I can share from it. 

6 hours ago, Patti said:

:huh: I share with Poweramp and always have. It's not on every menu but it's available. 

Poweramp does not have a 'Share' option (apart from the scrobbling features) but it does have a 'Send' feature which allows you to send the actual song file to someone else. However it doesn't currently do what the OP asked, which is to share your social "I'm currently listening to..." information with all your friends (should you wish to spam your friends with all your music listening preferences anyway, which isn't something I tend to want to do).

The contents of menus adjust depending on the context (it's a Google Marertial Design thing, they changed from menus to 'overflow lists').

Andre

• 3 years later...

Googling how to do this has brought me here, definitely  a feature that I liked about other players I've used, might have yo go back to them, love power amp though, hopefully they will add this soon, nothing better than instantly sharing to social media a good tune when hearing it for the first time on an album.

• 11 months later...

I use to Select a music from my powramp list then press the send option and it would let me to send the mp3 song thought WhatsApp.. messenger etc....   now when im trying to do so using the send option..it brings me ditect to my email inbox not giving me the option to chose which application I will use to share...

any clue what can I do??

Ed

On 7/2/2016 at 4:13 PM, bkearns said:

It would be nice to be able to share what I'm listening to on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and other social media groups. I can't possibly be the first person to request this!

+1 Yes I fully agree.

I've also raised this request in a separate topic I started here:

As quoted from that topic

On 1/27/2021 at 1:18 PM, haddy said:

I'm bumping a 5 year old topic here.

It would still be good to be able to do this by pressing the three-dot menu in the Player screen. It should use the same sharing function and menu icon as "Send" from the Playlist screen.

Ideally the menu choice would be named as " Tell a friend "

Then you'd be able to share the textual track info with a date/timestamp to your desired email or messaging app.

I'm currently listening to "{SONG NAME}" by "{ARTIST}"
@ "{DATE-TIME}"