Remaining time instead of song duration

I would love to see the remaining time in a playing song instead of song duration.  Like bothApple and YouTube do. 

I asked about this year's ago when I first switched from Apple and I was told that it was a limitation of Android.. It appears that Player Pro's newest version now had it so it seems it should be doable now.. Great news! 

Hopefully it can be implemented into Poweramp

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

I would vote for tapping on the existing time-elapsed counter to switch between displaying the elapsed time into the song, and the remaining time.

Andre

Great idea, Andre!! Same function (tap-for-more) with the existing meta below the time/duration. 👌

Seems tapping on the total time now has some function, the play buttons disappear, the metadata shrinks and fades, and the current time gets larger. I don't see any other purpose for this, but would prefer to have this switch the total and remaining times.

G

7 hours ago, MotleyG said:

Seems tapping on the total time now has some function,

I wasn't suggesting tapping on the Total time (I can't see any particular reason to change that display) - I was suggesting tapping on the Elapsed time counter, to switch between showing Elapsed or Remaining time.

Andre

20 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I wasn't suggesting tapping on the Total time (I can't see any particular reason to change that display) - I was suggesting tapping on the Elapsed time counter, to switch between showing Elapsed or Remaining time.

Andre

+1

On 11/25/2019 at 12:20 PM, MotleyG said:

Seems tapping on the total time now has some function, the play buttons disappear, the metadata shrinks and fades, and the current time gets larger.

I just realised what you are describing, that happens when you press-and-hold anywhere that doesn't have a particular function, it's the left-right swipe feature for scrubbing back and forth through a song - try moving your finger left and right at that point.

Andre

10 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I just realised what you are describing, that happens when you press-and-hold anywhere that doesn't have a particular function, it's the left-right swipe feature for scrubbing back and forth through a song - try moving your finger left and right at that point.

Andre

Confirmed, this is what it currently does.

When long-pressing the current time on the left, the track resets and starts to play from the beginning. I would expect the total time on the right side can be long-pressed to alternate to the display of time remaining (usually in a format like -x:xx). Any simple tap may be changed unintentionally when swiping the track, so a long-press would be preferred. If @maxmp agrees of course.

As I said, it would make much more sense for any time-remaining (-n:nn) display to be shown as a toggleable alternative to the Elapsed time indicator, not instead of the Total time. As to would be a simple two-view toggle, I don't think there's any issue about accidental tapes though, it would very easy to switch back again.

Andre

Archived