Support

Ottoman

Could you please respond or at least acknowledge on the threads I have posted on your forum. Some have been for several days with not even an acknowledgement. Yet, you appear to respond only to new members; this level of support is not acceptable to me. Is this an open forum or what are your policies?

I do not wish to waste my time; I have purchase a licence and submitted some bugs or requests for enhancement and I wish a follow-up on these.

Thank you,

Otto

Hey Otto,

The level of support you're looking at is called business support: each request or question is assigned a ticket number, a support engineer is getting back to you within the time defined in SLA and the ticket is not closed until you're satisfied. This kind of support is purchased under maintenance contract. I think Max is already doing way more than most Android (and not only) developers support wise and I would prefer him spending more time coding than on these forums. No offense, but most of your enhancements and suggestions I personally would rather not see making it. The features on the TODO list are way more relevant to me.

Well Mr Crimper, it is not relevant to me what you think about my suggestions or your definition of Service Level Agreement; had he had one, I would purchase it.

I do not object lack of support because of whatever reason, but selective one is wholly reproachable no matter what interest you serve personally in this matter.

I do not believe Max is the only person behind this project. Again, I only disapprove of selective support!

You seem to have the habit of meddling in people's threads without any productive end....you are such an agent provocateur, but I can guarantee you I am not a soft touch!

So, adhere to the generic forum rules and respect others; if you wish to help other users, that's fine, anything else is wholly counterproductive.

Ottoman,

If I was a developer, the last thing I would want to see is my users quarreling and fighting each other. I apologize if I offended you - I didn't mean to.

Think, however, what kind of response you could realistically get until v2 is released. The best thing Max could do is to say "thank you for the request". v2 features are *critical* IMO. Maybe Poweramp needs a feature vote page, using Google Moderator for example.

I agree with crimper with max being one of most spportive app. providers; i've noticed how hospitable max has been to his app. users which i appreciate wholeheartedly. Ive got some posts without a reply from him too which i understand. im sure he is doing best he can to provide the best service to the users and i dont wish to sound nagging. ill just wait patiently until the improvement is made.(though i am itching to ask whether localization for korean language is making any progress... :) )

You both seem to be missing the point! Take the following example, "EQ numeric adjusters!" thread by affemrah posted on 25 February with a post count of 2, compared to mine entitled "Control Values" posted on February 18 and which essentially deals with the same or similar request.

Maybe either is in the position to provide me with sensible reason as to why affemrah's thread was responded and not mine! Last come first served?

You have been a member here for just over a week and have already posted 10+ varied feature request messages. I expect some may get added to the list over time, but some probably won't - there's only so much one person can do, and I for one fully appreciate the work Max is putting in to this project.

But when you start asking for Video playback and fancy 3D clip art (huh?) in an AUDIO player, and clock & battery indicators in full-screen mode (the whole point of which is to remove that extra line which already contains clock and battery indicators!) then I suspect your requests may not see the light of day...

Andre

André, you failed to answer the question, hence I fail to appreciate your point nor the reason for your point. I do appreciate Max's work, hence I purchased the all licence! Support is fundamental to me and is an entitlement for a licensed user.

I work for a hardware & software company and liaise with both the planning and development departments, so I appreciate that not all feature requests ever obtain approval irrespective of the criteria.

However, all software bugs must be investigated and that is my main concern: the report of clip art issue, for which I submitted along with two mp3 for investigation and after a week, I have not received any feedback.

In relation to your and others' assumptionthat Max is the sole member of this project, for an all that ranks top 10th on Android Market is beyond beleif. Your comment seens to indicate I am against Max, which could not be further from the true and surely I wouldn't waste my time posting here. However, defending the indefensible like you do while evating the truth is wholly objectionable!

If you are so satisfied as you claimed, have read read the To-Do list and know the next release date, what is the purpose of your post?!

Otto

Archived