Cannot connect to bluetooth speaker

molly_dog

OK, I'll say it. My name is molly_dog & I'm a noob to Poweramp (& this forum). I'm in a huge hurry right now so I'll fill out my profile when I get home but, in the meantime, I'm 52, disabled due to kidney failure, I live in Western New York near Buffalo and I cannot exist without my music, eclectic as it may be--any- & everything except Country, even though I'm originally from Mississippi.

I have been using the app for about a week on my Galaxy S4 in a heads-up competition between PA, n7 & MAVEN 3D. Obviously, PA won because I'm here. I purchased the full version last night but I forgot one critical test: Bluetooth connectivity.

I'll admit, sometimes I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, brightest bulb in the box, pick your euphemism, but I'd like to think this would be a rather simple task. Kind of like my former player: Click "Settings", select "Bluetooth"-Done. To switch back, "Settings", select "Device"-Done. I did find Headset/Bluetooth in the settings but then it went all cryptic on me.

I have the "Show buttons....." enabled but I'll be dipped in sheep poo if I can find any button on my screen in the player anywhere that shows I have a choice in the output. In Googling this conundrum I found one one other person (so apparently I'm not the only one who can't figure it out :huh: ) who had posted to a forum for help. The only response to the question was "It works for me in my car." That's it?!?!? No "press this to do that"? Just "La dee da, works for me, you figure it out". Which led me to find this forum.

Maybe I'm a little out of control on the whole Bluetooth thing :blink: but, really, could someone please explain to me how to connect to my external speaker and/or headphones with Poweramp?

Thanks!! :D 

M_D 

You need to pair your Bluetooth speakers (or headset, car stereo, etc) to your phone first, via the general Android connectivity settings, requesting stereo ("A2DP") playback support if it asks.

Then, whenever your Bluetooth device is connected, any audio playback should get automatically directed to it. The Bluetooth settings within Poweramp are more to do with how the app responds to reconnections (auto resume of playback, etc) and button presses on the Bluetooth device, but nothing will function at all until you have initially paired your phone with the headset/speakers.

Andre

Well, d'uh! I thought it was paired from my last music player. There again, I paired it through my old music player & just wasn't thinking it through. Look up the word "scatterbrained" and you'll see my picture next to the definition!!

Thanks so much, Andre!!  :)

M_D

Archived