New Sort Option - Date Modified

crrstle

Is it possible to add a new option that lets you sort your songs according to date modified?

For those who switch to a new phone or reinstalled Poweramp, the date added would be all the same so there isn't any sort of sorting done but the date modified would be able to check which song was last added to the SD card so the user would not have any problem finding which song was last added.

oh wait... Poweramp already have this option inside folders and library > Lists

• 1 year later...

It's there as a sort option entitled "date added". This can be configured to use either the time/date that Poweramp first included it in its Library via the scan feature (literally the date it was added to Poweramp, all of which will get overwritten if you do a Full Rescan of course) or to use the actual time/date stamp on the file (i.e. effectively the sort by "Date Modified" option that you wish to use). To change the mode, see Settings > Folders and Library > Lists > Sort by Filesystem Date/Time.

Andre

It's there as a sort option entitled "date added". This can be configured to use either the time/date that Poweramp first included it in its Library via the scan feature (literally the date it was added to Poweramp, all of which will get overwritten if you do a Full Rescan of course) or to use the actual time/date stamp on the file (i.e. effectively the sort by "Date Modified" option that you wish to use). To change the mode, see Settings > Folders and Library > Lists > Sort by Filesystem Date/Time.

Andre

I've tried this but even after i select that option my list does not change. It is still in some funky alphabetical order that does not make sense....

I've tried this but even after i select that option my list does not change. It is still in some funky alphabetical order that does not make sense....

As you'll see from the warning message when you enable that mode, not all versions of Android correctly return the accurate Last Modified data. Poweramp will sort by the date the OS provides.

Andre

Archived