Lower resolution album art displayed on Nexus 7 (2013)

sciencefair

Anyone have a similar problem with this app on other XHDPI devices or other high-resolution screens? The embedded artwork is sharp and high quality but it appears blurry in the Now Playing screen in Poweramp. Please note that while I have the art currently magnified at 1.12x, it is similarly blurry at the original 1.00x setting.

Here is a screenshot from my device (1920x1200 resolution)

http://i.imgur.com/aKMXcDg.png

Here is what the embedded album art in this file is (1080x1080 resolution)

http://i.imgur.com/L2fnuCH.jpg

edit: I would post the images directly but they are very large and it doesn't seem like this board software automatically resizes posted images into thumbnails.

Is there any way to fix or alleviate this issue? Thanks!

Thanks for the report. Poweramp has 2 code paths for low end and high end devices, for some reason (I'm speculating, as I don't have the device on hands), N7 2013 is detected as low end.

This can be fixed only when the device gets in our test lab, as issue is device specific. May be also we'll unhide this option to make it configurable by user.

Thanks.

Thanks for the report. Poweramp has 2 code paths for low end and high end devices, for some reason (I'm speculating, as I don't have the device on hands), N7 2013 is detected as low end.

This can be fixed only when the device gets in our test lab, as issue is device specific. May be also we'll unhide this option to make it configurable by user.

Thanks.

Thanks a lot for the reply. Is there any data I can send to help from my side?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New Nexus 7 (2013) owner here - also curious if the hd art is going to be fixed coming to my device?

Still enjoying trial version - thanks for an awesome audio experience! This is the only thing hindering me from sending you my money for the unlocked version. LAN/NAS streaming would be a plus also, but not a deal breaker. >2 mos ignoring a reported/known bug for my new and popular device is something else..

I/we hope to see a fix soon! :unsure:

I'd settle for a workaround or hack in the meantime. It's a shame and an abomination showing the lq artwork on my hi dpi screen.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem on my Note 3. As a hobby, I make custom album covers. I've noticed, searching through the albums, they look fantastic. But once I select one and it brings me to the album art UI, it looks very poor quality. Any news on an update?

EDIT: Just updated to the newest version through the forums. Looks great now! Thanks.

EDIT: Just updated to the newest version through the forums. Looks great now! Thanks.

Was just about to reply saying this, but you beat me to it. :)

For anyone who wants to try out the latest PA versions in advance of them being made available via market updates, download the .apk file from the Sticky post at the top of this forum (currently http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/3189-poweramp-209-build-552-updated-13-mar-2014/)

Andre

Archived