Album/folder length

Hey... I'm loving the player, and especially looking forward to the implementation of gapless playback. A feature that would be nice, however, would be being able to see the total length of an album/folder when selecting music. I don't like to start albums unless I know I'll have time to finish them, and sometimes I can't remember how long all of my albums are.

Thanks!

Currently, PowerAMP doesn't prescan all songs in a folder when it plays something from it.

Thus, it's not known what is the total length of album in the folder.

For PowerAMP v2.0 background tag scanner will be used. While it will be 10-100 times faster than system scanner, it will still take up to 50-100ms per file (depends on sd card speed and cpu load and on system media scan activity, which tends to take 100% cpu and 100% sd card bandwidth while it's active).

Thus, such type of total times can be delayed and can't be immediately available, but I'll be looking into adding that.

Anyway, when there is alternative between, delay song availability and add more cosmetic features OR make it faster and make the song available immediately, I tend to choose the later.

• 5 years later...
On 7.12.2010 at 1:17 AM, admin said:

Currently, Poweramp doesn't prescan all songs in a folder when it plays something from it.

Thus, it's not known what is the total length of album in the folder.

For Poweramp v2.0 background tag scanner will be used. While it will be 10-100 times faster than system scanner, it will still take up to 50-100ms per file (depends on sd card speed and cpu load and on system media scan activity, which tends to take 100% cpu and 100% sd card bandwidth while it's active).

Thus, such type of total times can be delayed and can't be immediately available, but I'll be looking into adding that.

Anyway, when there is alternative between, delay song availability and add more cosmetic features OR make it faster and make the song available immediately, I tend to choose the later.

Are you still looking into this? I get why you would choose the latter alternative, but wouldn't it be possible to give us the choice by simply adding an option to check or uncheck?

Wow, a comment on a six year old message! :)

I suspect now that a database of songs is held, making a running-time total would actually be much simpler than it would have been in 2010 (it could be displayed next to the number of songs count at the top of each list) . Whether Max considers it a priority among all the other requests that have occurred in the intervening six years is uncertain though.

Andre

Archived