I accidentally bought the wrong Version and have tried to get a refund for a week

Hi Guys, not sure if this is the right section (it probably isn't, I apologize) and a while ago I came across the Equalizer App with which I immideately fell in love with. I went on to buy the full version but accidentally got the Poweramp Full Version Unlocker, and not the Full Equalizer Version since I really don't need the player and everything. By the time I noticed the difference and submitted a refund, I was two hours over the two day refund period and Google automatically denied my request 🥲

I directly contacted the support team a week ago and got in touch with someone who told me to use the google refund process and haven't heard back from them since. I really didn't expect a response and subsequence silence from such a high quality product, does anyone know if there is another way to get in touch with the Devs in order to refund the purchase, so I can buy the actual Poweramp Equalizer App that I initially wanted?
Any help or guideance would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Hi Andre, thanks for the reply!
I'd assume so and that was the first ting I have done. But since all Google tells me is to contact the Developer, this is all I can really do. Google says to contact Dev, Dev says to contact Google.
I just want to get a refund and listen to some music 😔

Posted (edited)

Yeah I get that. I sent Support another Mail, hopefully they'll get back to me. If they will decline the refund as well then so be it, but just half reading my initial request and then seemingly ignoring two follow-up inquiries was not something I expected.

Edited by Hexion

• 2 weeks later...

As a little update, in case someone cares; I had to escalate the issue trough Paypal. They've inquiried both myself as well as Google Payment Ireland LimitedGoogle and are in the process of coming to a verdict.
I'm sure most of you have a pleasant experience with these apps and the Developers and that's great, I hope you're not going to have such a disappointing experience with them like I did.

17 minutes ago, Hexion said:

I'm sure most of you have a pleasant experience with these apps and the Developers and that's great, I hope you're not going to have such a disappointing experience with them like I did.

Let's not confuse the experience when using the app and compare that to your purchase experience. These are two very different things. The purchase was through Google not the developer. And by your own admission you purchased the wrong app, and then it took more than two days for you to realize that. All of these are out of the developers control.

Googles support pages states that they can refund up to 48 hours, after that the user has to check the contact details of the developer from Google play and ask the developer for a refund, such a refund is then dependent on the developers policies and applicable laws. So IMHO the user should have received a response from the developer, either granting the refund or pointing at a policy rejecting it.

On 8/30/2024 at 10:35 AM, 6b6561 said:

the user should have received a response from the developer, either granting the refund or pointing at a policy rejecting it.

I agree with you, I have received neither. This is the only response I got when I explained my situation and asked about the possibility of a refund;

Hello from Poweramp Support team,
There is a refund period for all Play purchases which allows immediate refunds during some time (set by Google) after purchase.

Thanks.

If they had told me I couldn't get a refund then so be it, unfortunate but understandable. But the response I got felt like my inquiry wasn't read at all and  instead I got an answer as if I haven't tried getting a refund via Google in the first place. I've attached a screenshot that includes my initial message, just for context it wasn't some gibberish or imo unreasonable demands.

On 8/29/2024 at 11:42 PM, MotleyG said:

Let's not confuse the experience when using the app and compare that to your purchase experience.

Thats true, it was poor wording on my end. I do believe the apps are good, my negative experience was only regarding the refund process/dev interaction, or purchase experience as you've put it.

Screenshot_20240831-130630_Gmail.png