Equalizer setting recommendation for my MP3 player?

Go to solution Solved by andrewilley,

Hello, I bought an Android 6 based mp3 player and I use it with the Sennheiser CX 80, but the noise/dirt rate in the sounds is very high. What settings do you recommend to get a clean and clear sound?

Screenshot_20240322-164329.png

Screenshot_20240322-164323.png

2 hours ago, Fitzian said:

Start from a clean slate, for one. If you're boosting the high frequencies by 15 dB, that pre-amp gain should be equal and opposite to your highest band boost.

Certainly boosting all of the high frequency EQ bands by 15dB, then adding an additional boost of 44% with the treble tone control is a bad start. You can see the flat ceiling on the orange line in the graph below the EQ where you have maxed out the DSP. Bring these all way down. I suggest you disable the Tone controls if you are using a lot of EQ adjustment already. And then as @Fitzian has already suggested, adjust the preamp down to offset an equal amount of any boosting you are doing so that the preamp does not get overloaded.

2 hours ago, MotleyG said:

Kesinlikle tüm yüksek frekanslı EQ bantlarını 15dB artırmak, ardından tiz ton kontrolüyle %44'lük ek bir artış eklemek kötü bir başlangıçtır. DSP'yi maksimuma çıkardığınız EQ'nun n grafikte turuncu çizgi üzerinde düz tavanı görebilirsiniz. Bunları aşağı indirin. Zaten çok fazla EQ ayarı kullanıyorsanız Ton kontrollerini devre dışı bırakmanızı öneririm. Ve sonra, @Fitzian'ın önerdiği gibi, preamp'ın aşırı yüklenmemesi için yaptığınız güçlendirmeyi eşit miktarda dengelemek için preamp'ı aşağı ayarlayın.

Thank you. I'm trying to do it as you say, but since I don't have much knowledge, can you please share or suggest an example equalizer setting for reference? I want a clean, clear and slightly loud sound. And thank you in advance. :)

2 hours ago, Metin Bilgin said:

Thank you. I'm trying to do it as you say, but since I don't have much knowledge, can you please share or suggest an example equalizer setting for reference? I want a clean, clear and slightly loud sound. And thank you in advance. :)

Try the built-in presets (bass & treble is an easy one with just a lowpass and highpass filter). Filter by built-in and parametric, or graphic, whichever you are more comfortable adjusting.

Keep it simple.

Edited by Fitzian

4 hours ago, Fitzian said:

Yerleşik ön ayarları deneyin (bas ve tiz, yalnızca alçak geçiş ve yüksek geçiş filtresiyle kolay bir seçimdir). Yerleşik ve parametrik veya grafiğe göre (hangisini ayarlamakta daha rahat olursanız olun) filtreleyin.

Basit tutun.

ok thank you

11 hours ago, Fitzian said:

Try the built-in presets (bass & treble is an easy one with just a lowpass and highpass filter). Filter by built-in and parametric, or graphic, whichever you are more comfortable adjusting.

Keep it simple.

What does it look like now? Is there any progress?  Am I learning?  ☺️

Screenshot_20240323-162234.png

Screenshot_20240323-162229.png

Screenshot_20240323-162223.png

Screenshot_20240323-162217.png

Screenshot_20240323-162206.png

Screenshot_20240323-162155.png

@Metin Bilgin my eyes tell me that's a preset for a completely different set of earphones (1Custom SA03 are not Sennheiser CX80's). what do you ears tell you?

I would not recommend starting with an EQ preset for a different set of earphones. I'm afraid there is no preset for the CX80 in the autoEQ database, so that's unfortunate.

• Solution

You might find that an EQ profile for a similar set of headphones from the same company might be a good starting point - but even within one company, the response curves for different styles and price-ranges of headphone will vary tremendously.

Andre

26 minutes ago, Fitzian said:

@Metin Bilgin my eyes tell me that's a preset for a completely different set of earphones (1Custom SA03 are not Sennheiser CX80's). what do you ears tell you?

I would not recommend starting with an EQ preset for a different set of earphones. I'm afraid there is no preset for the CX80 in the autoEQ database, so that's unfortunate.

Absolutely yes this was bad.  I'll try it with Sennheiser CX 300 II and see how it sounds compared to my CX 80.

13 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

You might find that an EQ profile for a similar set of headphones from the same company might be a good starting point - but even within one company, the response curves for different styles and price-ranges of headphone will vary tremendously.

Andre

Yes, I think this is the best option for now.

At the end of the day, as with all personal equalization settings, it's what sounds best to you that is more important than creating a completely flat curve (which is what the various downloaded profiles tend to aim for).

Andre

28 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

At the end of the day, as with all personal equalization settings, it's what sounds best to you that is more important than creating a completely flat curve (which is what the various downloaded profiles tend to aim for).

Andre

Frankly, when connected via Bluetooth, I get very good sound in every setting, but when I connect the CX 80, I need to make adjustments.

The impedance value is probably causing a problem. It may also be due to Android 6.

I tried all the music applications and Poweramp does the most active processing of the sound in my mp3 player.  Model mechen h1