Prefer lyrics from plugin

Right now lyrics can be fetched with a plugin only if no lyrics are presently available(or not embedded in file) for the track. Some of my music files have embedded plain lyrics and I'm unable to choose synced lyrics for them with a plugin. Also some websites put their URL or some other text in lyrics field which makes impossible to fetch lyrics with plugin. So I'm looking for a way to set prefer lyrics  from a plugin.

20 minutes ago, maxmp said:

(Track) menu / Lyrics button long press always uses 3rd party app/plugin for lyrics.

Strange, doesn't currently seem to be the case for me. If a song contains embedded lyrics, or a LRC file exists, then those lyrics are displayed and there doesn't seem to be any way to get to the 3rd party app to find alternatives.

I've tried from the context menu in category song lists, from long-pressing on artwork in the Player Screen (or using three-dots menu item, if that is enabled), and even enabling the floating Lyrics button (which normally I have hidden) and long-pressing on that. All of these actions just display the existing lyrics, with no facility to search for alternative words via the 3rd party app. 

Andre 

I think I've worked out why it wasn't working for me.

With MusiXmatch set as the preferred app, it works fine as long as there are no embedded lyrics or a LRC file. Long-pressing on 'Lyrics' in the song's content menu opens the MusiXmatch interface as expected, and displays any found lyrics - basically it just bypasses the "No Lyrics Found" > 'Open Lyrics App' sequence.

However if there are already embedded lyrics, or an associated LRC file, then long-pressing on 'Lyrics' in the song context menu opens the old half-screen panel view of the current lyric data (verbatim, including displaying timecodes/etc) with a single 'Search' button at the bottom. Pressing that Search button just offers to do an internet search, it does not open (or even offer) MusiXmatch:

image.png

Andre

Thanks for the responses.

Setting the "Lyrics Item In The Track Menu" to 'Open 3rd part app' just shows the lyrics in a BottomSheetDialog. Which can only show embedded lyrics.

I found the `com.maxmpz.audioplayer.ACTION_NEED_LYRICS` broadcast is sent only when the track don't have any lyrics to show.

I'm using build-981-bundle-play [981004-ed39e1a4] Full version 64 bit.

Also if possible add an option to edit the embedded lyrics.