Turning on and off the display of auxiliary lyrics

yuno

There are lots of reasons why lyrics may not follow each other in sequential timecode order within a file's content - a secondary set of lyrics in another language being just one of the possibilities. It has no notion of what multiple duplicated timecodes might mean though. Poweramp simply pre-sorts each line using its provided timecode and then displays them at the appropriate moment. This method was determined by public request when the Lyric system was first being trialled as the best way to handle multiple instances of the same timecode.

Andre

Maybe I didn't express clearly, my english is poor. There is a lyric plugin on the foobar2000 that can achieve this effect. It has an option called "Show reference lines", can switch whether to display the secondary lyrics. 

1.png

2.png

There may be a foobar plugin which invents its own rules, but there is nothing in your LRC file beyond timecodes and text associated with them. There is nothing very official about the whole LRC spec in fact, it all rather grew ad hoc over time.

The only thing I can think of which might do roughly want you want would be to have an optional setting which checks whether the same timecode occurs more than once in a file, and if so only displays the first instance.

Andre

Here is also one version https://spikatrix.github.io/Traly/ on how to handle translations. The page has the following comment "Translations in LRC files separated by the ^ character is a non-standard feature and hence is supported in a few applications only. On Android, Huawei's stock music player supports this. "

This pages produces a file with both languages on the same row separated by a ^ character.

[00:04.80]Mr.Raindrop falling away from me now^[00:04.80]Herr Regndroppe faller bort ifrån mig nu