Poweramp Equalizer does not switch equalizer profiles per device like Poweramp does

Go to solution Solved by TaKe91,

Phone: Fairphone 4

Headphone 1: Sennheiser HD 25 Plus

Headphone 2: Sennheiser IE 80s/ Sennheiser IE 80s BT

USB C DAC 1: ESR USB C DAC

USB C DAC 2: Cubilux USB C DAC

Poweramp: build-979-bundle-play [979004-b6cd2e6]

Poweramp Equalizer: build-980-bundle-play [980004-fa7b2647]

In Poweramp and Poweramp Equalizer I have 3 eq profiles setup the Linear profile for Speaker, the Sennheiser HD 25 Plus ParametricEQ profile for Hi-Res Audio (ESR DAC) and the Sennheiser IE 80s (max) ParametricEQ profile for USB Audio Adapter (Cubilux DAC).

In Poweramp when i have nothing connected the Linear profile is active.

poweramp_nothing_conected.thumb.png.bbd6b866b5657edff4b46a14dfc7a86f.png

When I connect the ESR USB C DAC the Sennheiser HD 25 Plus ParametricEQ profile is active.

poweramp_hi-resaudio_connected_01.thumb.png.23b615fda1b28f4d5b1e0167571048ae.png

When I connect the Cubilux USB DAC the Sennheiser IE 80s (max) ParametricEQ profile is active.

poweramp_usbaudioadapter_connected_01.thumb.png.66ca1fd4f8b84d29eef681249431c298.png

In Poweramp Equalizer when i have nothing connected the Linear profile is active.

powerampeq_nothing_conected.thumb.png.4a10133a9769968774a9338d92231122.png

When I connect the ESR USB C DAC the Linear profile is active.

powerampeq_hi-resaudio_connected_01.thumb.png.b15e048ccf87b612109d8221c3f16925.png

When I connect the Cubilux USB DAC the Linear profile is active.

powerampeq_usbaudioadapter_connected_01.thumb.png.b82c7afe26ab3cc618b7ac58241f2fde.png

The setup for the profiles in Poweramp is: 

Hi-Res Audio = Sennheiser HD 25 Plus ParametricEQ.

poweramp_hi-resaudio_connected_02.thumb.png.59b54525588a5b8825f56522e0515746.png

USB Audio Adapter = Sennheiser IE 80s (max) ParametricEQ.

poweramp_usbaudioadapter_connected_02.thumb.png.e5738b4190469dfcc7f560dc3a660666.png

The setup for the profiles in Poweramp Equalizer is:

Hi-Res Audio = Sennheiser HD 25 Plus ParametricEQ.

powerampeq_hi-resaudio_connected_02.thumb.png.26a5b7c4164a25e8fe44e44a2ebc11c9.png

USB Audio Adapter = Sennheiser IE 80s (max) ParametricEQ.

powerampeq_usbaudioadapter_connected_02.thumb.png.f96dd1700b40c83f0a18c2fe15cf580e.png

The setup in Poweramp and Poweramp Equalizer is exactly the same, but Poweramp Equalizer does not change the profiles per device like Poweramp does.

I use the Sennheiser IE 80s mostly via Bluetooth and the Sennheiser HD 25 Plus via USB C. But sometimes I want to use the Sennheiser IE 80s with a cable and have the eq profile automatically loaded, right now I have to do that manually but only in Poweramp Equalizer, not in Poweramp.

This is not a new bug in the recent Poweramp Equalizer update, I have this issue since august 2023, I bought the Fairphone 4 and the USB C DACs in august and it also happened with Andriod 12 on the Fairphone 4.

Before august I used a Nokia 8.1 with 3.5mm jack, but it broke in august. I switched the profiles with the Nokia 8.1 always manually for the headphones connected via 3.5mm jack.

In Poweramp Equalizer my workaround is having the Sennheiser HD 25 Plus ParametricEQ profile for all USB DAC devices.

powerampeq_hi-resaudio_connected_04.thumb.png.ebdfe49089fe24b3d5b34490357e2145.png

With that setup I at least get the the right profile for the Sennheiser HD 25 Plus.

powerampeq_hi-resaudio_connected_03.thumb.png.b393f602fb3c06813618985a1c297b49.png

Can someone look what Poweramp does differently than Poweramp Equalizer when it comes to loading eq profiles per device, because Poweramp does it like I expected it and I have no issues. But Poweramp Equalizer seems to not handle subcategory devices, only category devices. It loads the Sennheiser IE 80s (max) ParametricEQ profile fine for Bluetooth, but that's also the only eq profile for one singular Bluetooth device.

I see identical options to select individual product names (rather than just the overall output method) for both Bluetooth and USB-DAC devices in both the main Music Player and the EQ app. There seems no difference in the Save/Assign screens to me. Note: you should not also select the overall category description (e.g. "USB DAC") if you only want the values to be applied for one specific product, just tick the product name:

PA Music Player app:
image.png

PA-EQ app:
image.png

Andre

45 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I see identical options to select individual product names (rather than just the overall output method) for both Bluetooth and USB-DAC devices in both the main Music Player and the EQ app. There seems no difference in the Save/Assign screens to me. Note: you should not also select the overall category description (e.g. "USB DAC") if you only want the values to be applied for one specific product, just tick the product name:

PA Music Player app:
image.png

PA-EQ app:
image.png

Andre

Please learn to read buddy.

When I connect the ESR USB C DAC the Linear profile is active.

powerampeq_hi-resaudio_connected_02.png.

When I connect the Cubilux USB DAC the Linear profile is active.

powerampeq_usbaudioadapter_connected_02.

What you said is exacly what i have done and it does not work in Poweramp Equalizer, but it does work in Poweramp. All the info in this post is in OP andrewilley is just not able to read properly.

This thread is not a cry for help how to configure Poweramp Equalizer. It's a bug report in the bug report section. Andrewilley as your signature states not the developer. Your input is useless for my case, but I thank your for not reading my post.

I don't want a solution form a moderator, a developer should be able to compare the source code and find the issue. But thank you for also not understanding what is happening here.

23 minutes ago, TaKe91 said:

I don't want a solution form a moderator, a developer should be able to compare the source code and find the issue. But thank you for also not understanding what is happening here.

The (sole) developer is active here and may chime in. But often the first step for new user issues is to look for a resolution within the scope of the current design. That is what was expected with the first response.

My thought wasn't about whether or not I understood your issue (I do) but suggesting that to get further support you may want to be more appreciative of the initial interaction. Moving on...

15 minutes ago, MotleyG said:

resolution within the scope of the current design

And that is what I have done in the last 4 months, trying to find a solution on my own. I have created this account only for one purpose to get a litlle attention on one bug in Poweramp Equalizer, where I can't find a solution regardles what settings I try, which devices is try, it just works in Poweramp but not in Poweramp Equalizer.

The only partial workaround is having USB DAC ticked instead of just the DAC itself. And andrewilly (who can't read) pointed out that is what I should not do.

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Note: you should not also select the overall category description (e.g. "USB DAC") if you only want the values to be applied for one specific product, just tick the product name:

No shit sherlock I know that, that's why I created OP, it does not work in Poweramp Equalizer

Closing this topic as the OP is clearly not interested in people who are actually trying to help, and abusing other members or admins is not welcome here. Max (the app developer) can of course choose to re-open and respond to it later if he wishes.

Generally though, posting something a bit clearer and more concise than a 15-page message with 12 full-screen screenshots might help get your issue addressed more easily. Or at least prefix it with a TL;DR 

Andre 

For clarification, the OP has decided that he "hates forums, because most people are idiots or can't read. feel free to delete this account, without this bug I wouldn't have created an account anyway". I will carry out his request, but leave this post intact in case Max or anyone else wants to refer to it.

Andre

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, having moderators being so dismissive is not a good look on this  project, geez. Anyway...

@maxmp Just came to report that I've been having issues with my profiles not autoswitching between devices properly since Decemberish on my Pixel 5 (currently on Graphene OS but problem started back on stock Pixel Android 14). My mate whom moved over to Poweramp recently is also having this issue on his phone.

Is this a long term issue or will there be a fix in the near future? Please let me know if you need any logs or other information that may aid in a fix.

Edited by zx1vt
Formatting/grammar, Also tagged Max in hopes to bypass the moderators on this specific topic.

As you don't want input from anyone other than the developer, I won't annoy you any further by trying to offer assistance.

But from a site administration point of view, please could you confirm that you and your mate are both referring to functionality of the stand-alone Poweramp Equalizer app (which this thread, and this section of the forums, is about) rather than to a new issue that you are now experiencing within the equalizer screen of the main Poweramp Music Player app, as you just refer generically to "Poweramp".

Assuming you are discussing the stand-alone PA-EQ app anyway, presumably you have already downloaded the latest beta version (currently build 982 from 3rd Jan) but you are still experiencing this problem?

Andre

• 8 months later...
  • Solution
On 12/17/2023 at 8:09 PM, maxmp said:

@TaKe91 thanks for the report. Yes, there seems to be a problem with named USB devices preset assignment. I'll try to fix it for the next builds.

Meantime you can uncheck the named assignment and use just generic USB assignment.

I recreated the account just to confirm that this issue is fixed in build-987-bundle-play [987004-faa6d49e]. Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2024 at 7:51 PM, Anuj Ranjan said:

sorry for my abusive language I will assure you will never do this again.

And yet not two months later you seem to have conveniently forgotten both your apology and your promise:

5 hours ago, Anuj Ranjan said:

Yes bro especially @MotleyG he is a piece of s*** and also @andrewilley

[....]

also @andrewilleyworst moderator I have ever encountered the way he replies

Rest of abusive comment removed.

Final warning "bro": any repetition of this sort of abusive language and behaviour and you will be booted without further notice.

Andre

9 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Final warning "bro": any repetition of this sort of abusive language and behaviour and you will be booted without further notice.

He did try again (using even worse language) so he has now been booted. Sorry to @MotleyG and @Fitzian that this idiot started on you too, I know you were both only trying to help.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

He did try again (using even worse language) so he has now been booted. Sorry to @MotleyG and @Fitzian that this idiot started on you too, I know you were both only trying to help.

Seems that @TaKe91 @zx1vt and @Anuj Ranjan in this thread alone all felt that their problem required an immediate response from the developer. I am not entirely sure that all three users weren't in fact the same person. But it does seem recently this type of entitled demand has been on the rise.

@MotleyG I think they were all different IP addresses, but easy enough to do with a VPN of course. One account was removed at user's request (so now 'Guest' posts) but the Anuj Ranjan one was removed due to his/her abusive actions and all posts removed. Their own fault.

Andre