Language in library cannot be changed in ONE UI 6

stoicmindsxia

Build is the 979,

OS is One UI 6 (andorid 14)

phone model is samsung galaxy s23 ultra.

Default system language is English, PA language setting is Chinese. Library and player UI will auto revert to the system default language (English in this case) regardless of PA language settings.

This happened after my S23U upgraded to One UI 6(Andorid 14). The PA language setting was only displayed a short time, default language (English) is displayed again once I enter and exit a sub folder such as "all songs" "playlists" from library home page.  A short Video demo is shown below.

Version Info ======================
Build: Poweramp build-979-bundle-play full verified cached
Store: Play
Arch: 64
Skin: ActivityTheme_Black
Device: samsung SM-S918W kalama dm3q dm3qcsx [arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, armeabi]
Installer: com.android.vending (38.7.32-29 [0] [PR] 587762951)
Android: 14 

@andrewilley thanks. At this point I can confirm some parts of app not being translated, but starting app from launcher again fixes that. Looking into the issue. This is some sort of non-standard caching in OneUI 6.0 which may be only fixable by the firmware fix. Some extra delay seems to work around this, included into the next build.

Hi Andre and Max,

@andrewilly

The language seem to get fixed on 980 as long as you never enter setting page, which after exiting the settings page the same issue would occur again by entering and exiting a subfolder structure from library home page.

Edited by stoicmindsxia
need reply to certain post rather than myself