Poweramp builds 978-987

maxmp

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This version + Android 14 is broken af
ABLVV85Jq_KaasOJUehW7Dn75HpPbcoxvXJYgfEX0yQUKpjBmxQ3Jp3-XCgAm5J5t1aLYhYCYDK0pJS86BiiiCtLT-7ggzCZm9oQCew9egoeVXAgHwmLkhDwo5GD22ojp3RLD1ItieChaP0_unTcEgzHrsjr08XTqfKTgS5jydVqatTpm-JpX7mogVsQIGJyiYuR8Q_MZ0-IpX1rsHundFXpCK7SQNo_qdOgCu1mGJTV7IBJ91cx9PAq59JrHvuW3z9sla-qSdU4urF0aJhK3tcNycJ3TIu7mWCg8C6vkNXTvqsoIo-tzhBoFIBNG3gB_XEuBQPR2c_xG9xxWh7UZ9kVI_3agR9Pi0e1pHOYw3KnUhq1T7jRKw3hEDcY5sfeU0Cer97TCdKSznvbOB7rLdGgOi_QmkDd7GYFFXGM71ZV4jHGlrrHDaC8unbHaz_LiBH1olFYPf7sQYIWwo3gcj-JAQn18h3IS0kFY1ImwghF5ytCabUX3jWTO1C9DyyAZGCr4oQS971TdvMW8dBQNDOkGZ2jhkcHDy_KA6jeD3w55D8b5QFD2ZnF5KwCdskcgsjGHMWNDHowb_WpEqEtXU-sQpGuUTDIg3Wl-5Tpmd8kovrvZ8funX11Umkygr0EE61VuUGFLZBaJ4--zdOMirVSpzcsYsLf-XOvNWI4BKgXTZStf_W78IP3M2w9GabxrZxdFfZBD9IaUnRy_KRR0Xru9Zf_shLGYOxWvj-cvngbgrQxpSix5rp2_ChjFkRmQHMzZhmBWDzj106vZbvzWoHxg4B4SJE71-HSusmATUJVViFtJPvx_PlNGW1b6hY-R4rt7TVHKnqDzlicG01EGJy8X-h9g85J0AW8IPPlOhi-bmkWRAFINSR6wcsajBSkYdiQ5gmyM8ByuVHy5FpxGDN4YAh8uo4uDsa8pkDfDwikesqzdNjD2FTGS7biD2BAGym0yKcsVoFCHBU_hw=w335-h744-s-no-gm?authuser=0
trying to view any album/adding songs to queue screws up the UI badly and the Hi-Res output its still not available but i guess that's more on Android 14

@Pav0 That's not the default skin, please try using the standard skin(s). If that seems OK, please raise this issue with the developer of the skin you are using. If it happens with the default skins too, please could you elaborate on exactly how you reproduce this issue.

You are right that some Android 14 ROMs don't support the Experimental Hi-Res feature (my own Samsung Galaxy A54 is an example, even after a few monthly maintenance updates). Please try using AAudio instead.

Andre

@Pav0 I can't seem to duplicate this at all on my system with as close as I can get to what seem to be your settings. Is the step of selecting a song and tapping 'Play Next' required to create the problem for you, as on your video I didn't see the normal toast popup saying the song had been added into the Queue. And then after that you seem to tap the Albums link at the top of the page several times but nothing happens at first? It seem to works fine with all of those steps for me anyway (tested on a Galaxy A54, Android 14) so we'll probably need @maxmp's input.

But to stop the Hi-Res error message, just use AAudio instead and select your higher resolution mode within that method.

Andre

• 1 month later...

Even after resetting my Xperia 10 IV on Android 14, I continue to have these issues with the latest beta build:

- playback does not start after I connect my wired headphones, even though setting is correct

- memory card keeps disconnecting

- I'm getting crashes (sorry, no crash log)

On 2/29/2024 at 12:09 PM, andrewz said:

Even after resetting my Xperia 10 IV on Android 14, I continue to have these issues with the latest beta build:

- playback does not start after I connect my wired headphones, even though setting is correct

- memory card keeps disconnecting

- I'm getting crashes (sorry, no crash log)

It turned out that part of syncing my Android device to Google account is not power management settings. After the reset, I set power saving features again to not interrupt with Poweramp. Some of the issues may be caused with that. I will report my findings later.

P.S.: How about some kind of warning when first launching Poweramp? "For uninterrupted playback, turning off power saving features on your phone may be required. Do you want to check it out right now?"

@andrewz No, power management settings probably would not get synced to a new phone, it'd be up to you to enable them as and when wanted. Not all devices are so aggressive about it, but if you are getting playback issues (especially when the screen goes to sleep) it's a good one to check.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2024 at 11:58 AM, andrewz said:

It turned out that part of syncing my Android device to Google account is not power management settings. After the reset, I set power saving features again to not interrupt with Poweramp. Some of the issues may be caused with that. I will report my findings later.

P.S.: How about some kind of warning when first launching Poweramp? "For uninterrupted playback, turning off power saving features on your phone may be required. Do you want to check it out right now?"

Sorry for blaming Poweramp for my issues. There's clearly something wrong with my microSD card that keeps disconnecting. When playing content from the card that gets disconnected, it leads to Poweramp crash.

@andrewz If storage unmounts, or a filesystem error is encountered during playback, PA should first try to skip the problem song and then after a few consecutive skipped songs it should give up and stop playback. It should not crash though.

Andre

24 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

@andrewz If storage unmounts, or a filesystem error is encountered during playback, PA should first try to skip the problem song and then after a few consecutive skipped songs it should give up and stop playback. It should not crash though.

Andre

Although faulty microSD card or reader should be primarily blamed in my case, Poweramp build 981 really crashed when I play something from my (occasionally faulty) card and physically remove its tray while playing.

3 hours ago, andrewz said:

Although faulty microSD card or reader should be primarily blamed in my case, Poweramp build 981 really crashed when I play something from my (occasionally faulty) card and physically remove its tray while playing.

This is a quick way to cause file errors at a minimum, or brick a card if it is writing index updates when it gets removed without unmounting it while the device is on. Eject the card using the settings, or power the device down first.

3 hours ago, MotleyG said:

This is a quick way to cause file errors at a minimum, or brick a card if it is writing index updates when it gets removed without unmounting it while the device is on. Eject the card using the settings, or power the device down first.

It started to disconnect by its own many weeks ago. I wouldn't experiment with it if it wasn't already dying. Instead of a crash, I would like to see a warning like "Memory card disconnected. Do not remove the card without unmounting it first. If you did not disconnected it yourself, it might be a sign of the card failing. " in Poweramp. Thanks for your hint though.

@andrewz As I said, PA should not crash just because storage has become unmounted or a file is missing. It should try the next file, and then after a few more tries fail gracefully and stop with a message saying "too many failed files". If it is crashing, it's due to something about the storage crashing rather than unmounting.

You could try reformatting the SD Card and copy everything back to it, but it could be the card is faulty or the phone is not contacting to it properly.

Andre

6 hours ago, andrewz said:

Instead of a crash, I would like to see a warning like "Memory card disconnected. Do not remove the card without unmounting it first. If you did not disconnected it yourself, it might be a sign of the card failing. " in Poweramp.

I think this may be more of an OS level issue though. If storage is removed while in use, Android may be having the meltdown. And since Poweramp was the app in use at the time, it could be that the OS kills it simultaneously. 

• 3 weeks later...

So I was about to reply someone's question in other forum, it's a question of turning the Lyrics Background off, well I tried, but it seemed like it didn't work the way I wanted, here's the picture of 3 situations.IMG_20240329_210221.thumb.jpg.c46e1044c8a945f8b9eabc6bcabfd53e.jpg

Apparently if I want to turn the Lyrics Background off, I have to turn both of the Lyrics Background and the List Background off, which is strange, I believe that the person who asked for this must met the same issue like this. Indeed it is a subtle issue.

PA Version 981

Some tracker modules (like this) have subsongs which aren't playable currently. I can suggest listing them separately from the main file like how FLACs can have different cue points in a single track.

Also, internal texts in Lyrics look messy without monospace font. Would be nice to be able to change it like in the widget.

PA Version 981

poweramp_mod.thumb.png.23127761dde172e42ba892e3c529c8a8.png

@frankmaxon I think the fact that it plays at all is pretty astounding. :) I'd never of this as an audio format until I Googled it. I rather doubt that there's likely to be much support for submodules or wide-screen monospaced comment text though.

On the plus side, you probably get the award for most obscure file-format question of the year so far. 👍

Andre

• 3 weeks later...

Just accidentally found an issue, I was about to add a new song to my playlist, but then I tapped the wrong button, and it went like this (video down here).

To reproduce it,

1: you select a random song, and hit the button "Add to Playlist" ,

3: long press a playlist,

4: hit the button at the top right of the bar "Add New Playlist", and then you cancel it. 

Boom, the selection bar is floating in the middle of the screen. So the action 3 is crucial, the issue won't come out if you don't do it in the first place.

@Loweaul Not quite sure why this is a bug? When you cancel the '+' function for creating/naming a new playlist, it just takes you back to the original screen for choosing existing playlist(s) instead. You can just close that screen if you want to cancel and leave the 'Add To Playlist' function completely.

Andre

@andrewilley Oh, so what I meant a bug is that these movements I listed up there caused an issue of animation, in the normal situation, the "Playlist" area should fall down to the bottom of the screen after I cancel the "Add to Playlist" function, right? But as you can see in the video, it just floated in the middle of the screen, there was something wrong with the animation, yeah, in my opinion.

@Loweaul Ah, OK, in which case yes I agree that the remaining selection list can become centred rather than being tethered closer to the bottom of the screen. Might be something to do with the keyboard popping up previously? Has no functional implication that I can see though, as the background elements are not accessible either way.

For some reason it doesn't seem to happen all the time though - I can't get it to occur now for example. And some popup menus present themselves mid-screen anyway. e.g. the long-press popup shown on the Player Screen is text-oriented and in the middle of the screen, whereas the popup triggered by long-pressing in a list is a smaller icon-based format at the bottom (to allow you to still access and scroll the background list). If the background is not going to still be accessible, I think I prefer a centred approach, as tall as necessary/possible to avoid needless scrolling.

Andre