Playlist not playing in list order, just shuffling songs.

vitumen
Go to solution Solved by andrewilley,

Maybe this is an easy fix and i'm just being dumb, but cannot do that a playlist to just play the next song in the list order, instead, it randomizes and gives me any other song of the list.

Already looked into settings but cannot find anything that could make this work.

I would be incredibly thankful to anyone that could help.

Thanks a lot!

• Solution

If you open the playlist to view the contents and tap on the little 'Play' icon in the header, that should commence playback from the first song in the list and it will turn off Shuffle mode for you.

Alternatively you can control the mode manually using the 'Shuffle' icon on the main Player Screen.

One final thing, if you still find random songs starting please check that there is nothing waiting to play in the temporary Queue (you can see the Queue from the top level Library View).

Andre

@andrewilley Thank you so much for your help. I forgot to mention that i was looking for a solution not just to play the list from the beginning, but also if i pick random songs and wanted the next one on list to start after that one. Pressing the little play button at top did the trick to reset the shuffle state of the list, but i will add a step more to do before that: i have my list ordered by artist, so, i just re-sorted the list, then clicked the button and that did it. Before i re-sorted the list, when i clicked the play button, it just started from a random song (a bug maybe?). Anyway, thanks for the help!.

Edited by vitumen
beginning was misspelled, sorry not my native language

If you commence listening to a playlist (or indeed any playback category) by tapping on one of the songs contained in the list, any previously set Shuffle and Repeat modes will not be changed. So if you had previously been listening to music in one of the shuffle modes, that shuffle method will continue to be used when the current song is finished.

To turn it off manually, tap on the larger 'Shuffle' icon on the Player Screen and set the mode to 'Shuffle Off'. It will stay set that way until you next ask to change it.

Andre