PA only sees one album

Alastair Ingram

A bit more information (actually, any information at all) would help. Poweramp version, device, Android version (has this changed recently?), storage location, etc.

If your setting in PA Settings=>Library=>Music Folders correctly points to your music folders (ideally not a root location on your SD Card or internal storage, or in system folders such as 'Download' etc) try a FULL Rescan in PA Settings=>Library.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

I still see no music in PA. Funny thing is, it used to work fine and PA was my go-to music player. What happened?

Version build-976-bundle-play-976004-c2601e58
PA Full Version Unlocker build-308

Google Pixel 7 Pro

Android 14 recently updated

Storage in the phone

Edited by Alastair Ingram
Added information

55 minutes ago, Alastair Ingram said:

I still see no music in PA.

No music at all, or just one album as per your original post? If the former, it sounds like storage permissions may have been lost. I would try removing the currently enable location(s) in Settings=>Library=>Music Folders (resulting in no folders/songs in the library at all) and then re-granting access to the specific folder that contains your music collection.

Andre

And what happened when you removed permissions in Music Folders and re-applied them?

What folder are you trying to use (don't try to use the root location, or system folders like 'Download') and can you play one of the songs directly by picking it in a file explorer app and asking PA to play it.

If you are using 'File Access Legacy Mode', try turning that off and use the regular Android storage access framework.

Andre

Presumably all of your albums are inside subfolders within some overall music collection folder (e.g. a folder "My Music" might contain subfolders for various artists and albums). Just select that overall folder and all of its subfolders will be scanned too, you don't need to enable each one individually.

Note: Android does not allow enabling root locations directly, so if you have lots of music at the root level of your storage, move it all into an overall containing folder.

Andre

13 hours ago, Alastair Ingram said:

What happened?

This happened.

13 hours ago, Alastair Ingram said:

Google Pixel 7 Pro

Android 14 recently updated

Thank Google for locking down access to many of your common folders. They think only they should be using these.

Create a new main folder with a name not like the ones Google is looking for. Use something like "My Tunes Main" or "Personal Music" and move all of your music album folders and files into that one. Point Poweramp there as your Music Folders in the settings and all should be found again. You may need to delete all others first before adding this to get things working. 

9 minutes ago, Alastair Ingram said:

I made a new folder and put all of my music in there and selected that folder and Bob's your uncle, they were all there! 

Excellent, that's what I've been suggesting all along, and also in the Guide that I referred to. There are ways around some of Google's recent annoying Android limitations, but in all honestly it's much easier to just take back control and create your own master folder for your music collection.

If you never want to use Google's media features for that folder by the way, you can block Android from wasting time scanning it by creating an empty file called .nomedia inside the chosen music folder; it's only needed inside the main folder and that will also block the Android scanner from accessing subfolders too.

Andre